New, Lap Band Surgery 4/1/08

Options
Just saying hi, and wondering if there are any other veteran lapbanders who want to share the ups and downs of everyday living.

Lost 50 lbs when it was first done, then had a cyst on my spine. Presented just like sever ciatic pain. Immobility, depression, and self indulgence found all 50 lbs back on me. :-(

Cyst was removed and I was allowed activity with no restrictions in Sept 09. Boy Oh Boy, was I feeling like a failure!!! Surgical center claimed to have lifetime follow up, so I scheduled an appointment with the behaviorist and the dr. Turns out, there was still plenty of room to adjust my band. Now I try not to talk about the fact that I had surgery, and just plug along, not exercising enough or eating correctly. Hoping getting this app on my iPhone will help me keep track better.

We shall see. Just looking for chat, not advice.

Replies

• ammknits
    ammknits Posts: 9
    Options
    Had a great NEACCA festival concert, mowed the lawn last night. Well, not the whole lawn, but hacked at the worst of it.
    Hubby is sick, but on antibiotics, so he should be good. Still keeping up with posts on diary, it's not that bad with the iPhone feature.
    I might try again tonight. We'll see.
  • amy0776
    amy0776 Posts: 25
    Options
    Just saying hi, and wondering if there are any other veteran lapbanders who want to share the ups and downs of everyday living.

Lost 50 lbs when it was first done, then had a cyst on my spine. Presented just like sever ciatic pain. Immobility, depression, and self indulgence found all 50 lbs back on me. :-(

Cyst was removed and I was allowed activity with no restrictions in Sept 09. Boy Oh Boy, was I feeling like a failure!!! Surgical center claimed to have lifetime follow up, so I scheduled an appointment with the behaviorist and the dr. Turns out, there was still plenty of room to adjust my band. Now I try not to talk about the fact that I had surgery, and just plug along, not exercising enough or eating correctly. Hoping getting this app on my iPhone will help me keep track better.

We shall see. Just looking for chat, not advice.

Can't really call me a "veteran," but I had my surgery in February of this year. I've lost 63 lbs so far, but I've started to slow down. I think I may have even gained 3 lbs this past week. I needed a little jumpstart, so I decided to join this site. I was a little nervous though, I've heard that some weight loss sites tend to REALLY DISLIKE lap-banders. I hope I'm wrong - this looks like a pretty neat site.
  • vharperyoung
    vharperyoung Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, thought about the procedure and decided to try this site along with a group of friends. Have lost 10 pounds since February and my girlfriend has lost 30 pounds - she has been more dedicated than I but I am not giving up. I am paying more attention to hunger and not eating if I am not hungry. As long as we keep trying we will succeed - stopping is not an option so let's do this.
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    Options
    I had the lapband surgery on 03/31/2009 and it has helped me loose about 140lbs! I started at 300lbs and im down to about 160 I still want to lose about another 10lbs. I have alot of lapbanded friends on my page that Im sure will be there for you as well we are all here for eachother! :o) I sent you a friend request!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Yey!! more lap banders on this site! I was banded 2 years ago last week!
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Welcome aboard! This is one site that i found is pro Lap-banders :) I had mine 10/09 and had dropped 70 but gainesd a bit back - but am persistent and still working on it. i hope to lose about 23 more pounds.

If you need anything we are here :)
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I was banded in Oct of 2008. I've been a slow loser but have a huge sweet tooth. :embarassed: Welcome aboard, I love this site and the folks are so nice! =)
  • AJWaddlesOn
    Options
    You ladies are exactly who I've been looking for on this site! I am not a veteran but a ROOKIE! One year ago this weekend I started my quest towards lap band surgery. I have jumped thru all the insurance hoops and am currently waiting for written auth for surgery. We are hoping for a July 13th surgery date! I started my high protein, presurg diet yesterday. Is there a message board just for us? I want to do all I can to be successful and help others do the same!
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    AJWaddleson~ there is a forum just for lapbanders... it's called Lapbandtalk.com (I think). I haven't been there in forever. But it was a wonderful resource when I was preparing for my band and recovering from surgery!! Everyone on here is super-duper as well, most of us who have bands are friends and we help each other. I actually heard of MFP from LBT forum. I kept seeing tickers on people's signatures over there. LOL
  • BMSkvara
    BMSkvara Posts: 7
    Options
    I am so glad that there are lap band people on this site. i was told about from my doctor. I had my surgery 1 week ago and have lost 15 pounds so far.