Join me in Miles to Memorial Day!

Options
Let's set a goal of miles to walk by Memorial Day! I set a goal of 3.5 miles 5 times a week :) I logged this last week's miles as well, since this was when I really started this.

blk-exercise.png

Replies

• fitnessmare
    fitnessmare Posts: 117
    Options
    This is a great idea! I'm in! My goal is 4 miles, 4 times a week. I did 4 today. :happy:
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I'm in! My goal is 4 miles, 4 times a week. I did 4 today. :happy:

Awesome! I usually do more than 3.5 miles a day, but I know there are going to be times when I am not able to workout 5 times a week so I made it an attainable goal :) Thanks for joining. I think this is a good way to hold myself accountable and help keep me on track. Tracking calories and now miles! :)
  • fitnessmare
    Options
    I hope we can get more to join. This sounds like such a great way to motivate each other. I think walking is one of the best exercises. Good luck to you!
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm in! It's 2 miles to and from my gym, so I can rock it if I go daily!
  • JessicaN1979
    Options
    I'm in! It's 2 miles to and from my gym, so I can rock it if I go daily!

I am only about 2 miles from the gym, but I drive there. Walking there would be a good idea :)
  • grau62000ameze
    Options
    Am so in for this. wil do a minium of 20miles a week(4 miles*5dsys)
  • fitnessmare
    Options
    Yay!! Let's hope for more people! :happy:
  • JessicaN1979
    Options
    Update with today's miles :)

exercise.png
  • JessicaN1979
    Options
    I should have put this under motivation and support, but if you post this link on your posts or send to people you want to join they can click there and join
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/935175-join-me-in-miles-to-memorial-day?page=1#posts-14233600
  • fitnessmare
    Options
    You are so lucky to have a gym close by. I am at least 30 minutes from any gym or mall. I was so hoping to walk yesterday but didn't get to. I walk outside. Today it is snowing and I'm not sure how slippery it might be but I'm going to try to walk! It's supposed to start warming up after today so I know I can fit my walking in some time this week! I don't want to skip 2 days though so we'll see how this goes!
  • fitnessmare
    Options
    Update for today

exercise.png
  • fitnessmare
    Options
    How are you all doing? :happy:
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Im just getting addicted to running. So this is awesome My goal will be 15 miles a week so about 8 weeks to memmorial weekend so im going to say 122miles by then!!

How did you guys get the mile tracker??
  • fitnessmare
    Options
    From TickerFactory.com ... but I'm not sure the best way to update it is. :)

exercise.png
  • Judicarle
    Judicarle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. But I just started walking about a week ago, so I'm going to be a light weight and say 75 miles. That's 2 miles every other day with an extra 15 thrown in somewhere.
  • jackieross82
    jackieross82 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I try to walk 60 miles a month. I have already walk 65 miles this month. I try to walk 2 to 4 miles a day.
  • JessicaN1979
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well. I have updated my ticker which automatically updates on my original post, but I have 56 miles done out of 175 :) I am starting zumba for a five week class, so I am hoping I will still be able to hit my goal :)
  • fitnessmare
    Options
    There are so many different ways to exercise that walking is getting pushed aside more often now. We're finally getting better weather for biking and I started Zumba too but only on my own with the Wii. Still a great workout! I hope I hit my goal too. I generally walk on my rest day. At least we stay active and exercise some way. :happy:
  • JessicaN1979
    Options
    70 miles of 175 down :) Gonna have to pick it up and after this I totally plan on it. I have a conference out of town and a trip to the Jersey Shore this weekend to see the hunny bunny, but starting next Sunday I will be doing 3.5 miles 5 days a week minimum.

blk-exercise.png
  • JessicaN1979
    Options
    Im just getting addicted to running. So this is awesome My goal will be 15 miles a week so about 8 weeks to memmorial weekend so im going to say 122miles by then!!

How did you guys get the mile tracker??

tickerfactory.com