I week weightloss 13 lbs. Is it healthily?

Options
A friend and I are doing weightloss challenge and she lost 13 lbs in 1 week just eating healthy. Do you think it really happened?

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds a little fishy.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Depends. How big was she when she started? My very first week of wt. loss when I started was 13 lbs. Course, the second week I only lost 0.2 lbs. Then after that it settled down more to around 2 lbs a week, but I was hella big when I started.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That does not sound fishy. You will lose a large number on the scale starting a diet. The larger you are, the bigger this number might be. It's likely water weight.
  • computercarl
    computercarl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did 11 in a week, but it was mostly water, due to all you can eat vegas buffets, and then getting back on my diet. Not unheard of, but seems iffy.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I started at 272 and the most I lost in the first week of a diet was 15lb but yes, it' was probably water weight
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds my first week and then 3 the second week. After that it evened out. Depending on her weight etc, it is possible.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    It depends, how much did she have to lose?
  • ImaFitMormon
    ImaFitMormon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    She weighs 177
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It is possible. I lost 10 pounds in one week and then averaged three for a while. now I am down to losing sometimes fractions of pounds a week. This is especially possible if her initial weigh in was in the evening and the next weigh in was in the morning before eating and after using the bathroom. Weight can fluxuate even up to five pounds throughout the day. Sometimes, monthly cycles can affect weight loss and gain.
  • ImaFitMormon
    ImaFitMormon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    She weighs 177