Help with eating all my calories...

Options
Today my goal is over 4300 calories with exercise. I still have almost 2000 calories left for today. I'm looking for ideas for foods to fill out my calorie goals.

I obviously already know about pop tarts, ice cream and cake, etc. But I'd prefer not to live in food coma all day. Fast food is fine for me here and there, but even if I wanted to eat it every day I really don't want to drive 20 miles each way just for that. I'm looking for foods that are calorie dense but relatively nutritious or at least not super heavy on the carbs.:smile:

Replies

• pegtate
    pegtate Posts: 11
    Options
    cheese, it's tasty, high in protein and no carbs.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    eat nuts. Dried fruit is high cal but not low carb. I think it's pretty hard to eat 4000+ calories with barely any carbs though.

I'd love to know how you burn so many calories.....I wish I had a problem with having too many calories every day.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    eat nuts. Dried fruit is high cal but not low carb. I think it's pretty hard to eat 4000+ calories with barely any carbs though.

I'd love to know how you burn so many calories.....I wish I had a problem with having too many calories every day.
    I burned 800 or 900 today swimming for about 90 minutes. My projected TDEE for today is 3422. (I am bulking for the next two weeks so my goal is TDEE + 1000.)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I wanna eat 4000 calories per day!! :sad:

nm
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    peanut butter. cheese, avocado, big serve of chicken and well if it was me some chocolate and icecream lol :)
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Avocado!!!
    Make a big omelette with avocado and cheese :) Proteins and yummy fats!

Peanut Butter too.....if I had 2,000 cals left in a day I would drown myself in PB :)
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter--no salt, no sugar, all yummy all the time.
  • spikeithard
    spikeithard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    go to a supplement store and buy a huge tub of weight gainer ;)

1200 calories a serving will do it! about 4-7 dollars a serving though on average so basically the cost of a meal. 60 dollar 5lb bucket will give you about 8 servings
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options

I burned 800 or 900 today swimming for about 90 minutes. My projected TDEE for today is 3422. (I am bulking for the next two weeks so my goal is TDEE + 1000.)

>two week long bulk
    >doing excessive cardio

069b173483aa6ef2d14e55212d89a64c_zps85d002da.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    Cool thanks, these will help add some good calories. I will also check out the weight gainer. I do use whey protein with milk so far. :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

>two week long bulk
    >doing excessive cardio

LMAO! I swim once a week, and lift heavy three times a week.

This is my second two-week bulk, last time my strength increased substantially. My squats went from 180 X 5 (nearly failing) to squatting 210 X 9 reps. :happy: (It had similar effects on my OHP and benches.)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options

>two week long bulk
    >doing excessive cardio

LMAO! I swim once a week, and lift heavy three times a week.

This is my second two-week bulk, last time my strength increased substantially. My squats went from 180 X 5 (nearly failing) to squatting 210 X 9 reps. :happy: (It had similar effects on my OHP and benches.)

My point is that two weeks is a really short amount of time for a bulk (especially if natty) and that cardio hurts your gains. Sure, you could get stronger but that's myofibrillar hypertrophy, not sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Today my goal is over 4300 calories with exercise. I still have almost 2000 calories left for today. I'm looking for ideas for foods to fill out my calorie goals.

I obviously already know about pop tarts, ice cream and cake, etc. But I'd prefer not to live in food coma all day. Fast food is fine for me here and there, but even if I wanted to eat it every day I really don't want to drive 20 miles each way just for that. I'm looking for foods that are calorie dense but relatively nutritious or at least not super heavy on the carbs.:smile:

Avocados. Glucose (the industry name is dextrose) is a better source of concentrated calories than is sugar (sucrose) because the fructose portion of sugar must be metabolized in the liver. Glucose is utilized immediately. You can make your own chocolate with baker's chocolate and dextrose. It turns out that chocolate is very good for you. It is one of the few "junk" foods that could be considered a "health food". I think you can probably buy dextrose-sweetened chocolate somewhere. That will use up a lot of calories in a healthful way. Organic grass-fed butter yields a lot of nourishing substances that are hard to get elsewhere. What about some nice organic popcorn dripping with organic butter?
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    That's nothing. I had that for breakfast. My goal for today is 8,000 calories.
  • lindajohart
    Options
    Ok, I have been having the same problem but i have been struggling just to eat 1,800 calories a day. i have been this way my whole life. i am not hungry and i dont like sweets. i dont like fast food. so how do i eat good healthy food and get the calories. i gave up the pop and sugar.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    My point is that two weeks is a really short amount of time for a bulk (especially if natty) and that cardio hurts your gains. Sure, you could get stronger but that's myofibrillar hypertrophy, not sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.
    A month ago eating at a 500 calorie deficit and StrongLifts got me as far as they could go. I was starting to stall both in strength gains and weight loss, so I decided to try eating over TDEE for a couple weeks and see what happens.

I'm still in the process of researching so I'm happy to do further reading if you have any recommendations. :) Do you have a specific timeframe or length of cycle that would be better? My goal is recomposition: lower bodyfat (currently 21%) and higher LBM (currently 147) as well as better endurance and strength. I'm not looking to be "elite" or competitive and not on a schedule or in a hurry.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options

if you are bulking quit doing Cardio
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you do it. I had 1800 calories today, and I feel like I'm going to burst.
  • Tavysh
    Tavysh Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Trail mix works for me real well. There's a walmart brand called indulgent trail mix that's so addictive it's so easy to eat 600 calories in a matter of minutes with the stuff.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

if you are bulking quit doing Cardio
    There seems to be some debate as to whether or not cardio is going to prevent mass gains. I'm too hyperactive to just sit on the couch all day and have a trained helper monkey get me stuff. Whether I burn it all in an afternoon of swimming, or throughout the week bouncing of the walls because I have no outlet, it's still gonna happen. :laugh: