Sick of chicken. Other dinner ideas?

Options

Replies

• marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hebrew national 97% fat free all beef franks, a whole 45 calories, eat till you bust!!!!!!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    use another protein source like beans. Tacos are very easy to make using beans...black...pinto...ect..
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Try googling a vegetarian dish to make every now and then...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I just can't even cook eggs without burning them, so I'm just reluctant to try complicated recipes I guess. We have a lot of fish, we have tacos, sausage... I'm just always clueless when it's time to do groceries.

I do need to find an easy/healthy quiche recipe though.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Any kind of meat is OK. Just try lean cuts. Try lesser amounts. I love ground beef in chilis. I add more beans and less meat. Still get that great beef flavor. I like to grill up a steak. Split it with my daughter. I slice mine up and have it over a beautiful salad. My dad would say that was sacrilege, but I say it's healthy and delicious.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    How about Chili this is a simple recipe

Cook up your hamburger with Onions and seasonings you like

In large stockpot add-3 Cans Butter Beans,3 Cans Stewed Tomatoes with Jalepenos,1 Largest can Tomatoe Puree,3 cans Beef Broth,2 Fresh Jalepeno diced up,1 small can chilies,1 container of Fresh Mushroom slices,1 packet Chili Seasonings (I like the Tex Mex one)and then add your hamburger and onions and a few crushed red pepper flakes. Really easy...lots of protein not too high in calories
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Try googling a vegetarian dish to make every now and then...

This. You don't need meat at every meal and cooking some vegetarian dishes now and then will help shake things up.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat beef or lamb, occasionally eat pork, but eat mainly chicken, turkey and salmon. Ground Turkey is great for burgers, Chilli, meatballs, pasta dishes, tacos etc. Chicken can get boring but its what you do with it. In the last few weeks we've had Chicken Fajitas, Stir Fry, Pan-fried with Cajun Seasoning, with Pasta in Tomato Sauce, Roast with Veggies and gravy, Chinese style with Chilli Sauce & Rice, Casserole, curry. I get a lot of recipes online, just by googling, and Pinterest in great too!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have turkey breast and wild salmon, an sometimes steak, and when I do them, I coat them in some coconut or olive oil, add some chicken or other seasoning herbs, wrap in foil and bake. The chicken in particular comes out really well done in extra virgin coconut oil, especially with cajun chicken seasoning and a sliced banana on top.

I also have tofu, beans, smoked salmon and omelette during the week. Not really a cook yet, so I tend to keep things simple.
  • 2012ALM
    2012ALM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This website has a lot of great recipes, but I have actually made the one I'm linking you to and it's super simple and Emily puts the nutritional information at the bottom of all of her recipes: http://www.emilybites.com/2012/07/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken.html
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Chicken pizza on a pita bread. Make a pizza using it
  • crops2dawn
    crops2dawn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I originally read the thread title as "Sick of children" :D

Me too....LOL Glad I wasnt the only one! lol
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Do you like homemade soup?

Chili
    Vegetable
    Broccoli cheddar
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    What did you eat before? Eat that in smaller portions. You don't have to live on chicken and fish to lose weight.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    veggie burgers, tofu, shrimp, chili with ground turkey, bean dishes
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    ...STEAK!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    not sure why no one has mentioned legumes? too many ways to eat those to even list....

last night I made tofu
    sauteed frozen diced peppers, chopped fresh jalopeno (with seeds if you like it spicy), and a few tablespoons of shredded coconut. with sliced extra firm tofu. (add tofu last) more flavorful as leftovers. tastes a lot like eggs, but looks like chicken.

sardines less cals than you think, but super filling and keeps me full for hours.
    my fav.. is on a sandwich with roasted red peppers and either chipotle sauce or mustard.
    one of the few sustainable fish that are dirt cheap
  • musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers.

Fish (tilapia) tacos.

Terriyaki salmon over a fancy salad.

Those are three of my favourites. Spice it up!
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Pork loin!
  • whytewytch
    Options
    Fish, stir fry, wheat pasta w/light sauce of some sort (hubby & I made a homemade marinara last week), beans & rice, all veg dinner. I'm not a fan of ground turkey, but actual turkey does have a different flavor than chicken. Lean red meat now & again for a change. Good luck!