breakfast ideas

Options
pnut80
pnut80 Posts: 77 Member
Im lookin for some good breakfast ideas. I like to keep it around 200 cals in the morning and most mornings I am eating special k cereal but im getting kind of bored with the same ole. Im usually pretty rushed so I need something quick and easy but satisfying for at least 3 or 4 hrs. so hit me with it...ideas? :happy:

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    a serving of quick oats (140 cals) with these varieties - pb2/syrup, applesauce and cinnamon, chocolate protein powder, pb2 and choc protein powder.
    egg whites with veggies on a bagel thin
  • aznsdgrl
    aznsdgrl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Try baked oatmeal. You can make it the day before and eat it throughout the week. Several recipes are available online, they may be a little higher in calories.
  • tabfjo
    tabfjo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like to do scrambled cheese eggs. 1 or 2 eggs (70 calories each) with 1/8 cup shredded 2% cheese (40 calories). Sometimes I add some salsa (1 tbs - 5 cals.).

I put it in a tortilla today (just 1 egg) and added some avocado for a total of 318 calories. Tasty and fulfilling!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    2 eggs over easy on a slice of Ezekiel toast, salt and pepper-yum!
    With a piece of fruit, it satisfies for hours.
  • MissJen84
    MissJen84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I allow zero time for prep time in the morning. I have 4 breakfast ideas I switch before. The special k flat bread sandwiches are amazing. Low calorie bread with a tablespoon of peanut butter, low calorie bagel with laughing cow cheese, or yogurt with bran flakes and fiber one.
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    Beef taco made the night before. pop it in a toaster oven, sounds off beat but good
  • JenNuma
    JenNuma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bagel thins toasted, and 1/3 less fat cream cheese. Whole Wheat Sandwich thins toasted, and Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter.
  • wozniaks
    wozniaks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Special K flatbread sandwiches are really good I was one of those ppl that thought no way but in a min and a half it's done and really good and filling I had a sandwich and Greek yogurt or oatmeal or cream of wheat . Weekends I have. Oatmeal pancakes , egg white omelet give your a few ideas
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal so I eat that every morning. I want to try this refrigerator oatmeal especially during the summer. I haven't tried it yet but it sure does look yummy. You can make it the night before and then it is can be grab and go in the morning.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • Ltmsenergy
    Options
    I do different breakfasts:

1. oats with various types of protein powder-chocolate or vanilla...If I use chocolate, I add pecans. If I use vanilla, I add walnuts.
    2. 2 poached eggs with 1/2 cup of oats cooked in cup of unsweetened almond milk with organic butter and 1/2 tbsp of Ideal brown sugar
    3. Protein pancakes-several recipes online, but the usual one for me is made with 4 egg whites, 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, cinnamon and stevia (you can add vanilla protein powder for more protein) ...blend everything in a blender and cook the batter like you would pancakes..Serve with sugar free syrup, preferably one made with stevia instead of aspartame. Sometimes I add walnuts or pecans.
    4. For something fast, I blend protein powder (preferably the MRM brand that is all natural) with almond milk, then pour it over my favorite cereal.

Hope these help! :)
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Have a one egg shakshuka. Filling and extraordinary 150 cals! Recipes on the net!
  • whytewytch
    Options
    1. Oatmeal
    2. One or two egg omelette, with or without cheese (you can make it the night before)
    3. Bagel thins with jelly
    4. Granola with fresh fruits

May I ask, why don't you make this your highest calorie meal of the day? You'll have plenty of time to burn the calories throughout the day. Unless you're doing the 5-6 small meals thing. Just curious, not trying to tell you how to eat.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Porridge (the Quaker Oats sachets are good), granola and Greek yogurt, Greek yogurt and fruit, toast and jam, beans on toast, scrambled eggs on toast, hot cross bun and butter... The possibilities are endless but those are just a few of my favourites.

Ax
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you want something satisfying, then you need protein.

My favorite:
    Bagel
    Egg
    Bacon
    Cheese

Most delish breakfast sandwich you'll ever have!
  • VegasTaxiDriver
    Options
    Old fashioned oats in the microwave, with Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, 1 cup of egg whites, keepsake filled till lunch
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I have .25 cup plain no fat Greek yoghurt, .25 cup Bob's Muesli, and half a cut up pear or banana or apple. I drink it with a homemade black esprsso. Very filling. I really like it.

I also often eat a scrambled egg made with skim milk and a slice of low sodium bacon (we keep chickens so have tons of eggs). Takes two minutes to make if you microwave the bacon. I'll add a fruit to that, but you may not want to if you stick to 200 calories. I like fruit in the morning and don't mind going to 300.