Options
    bumping for motivation
  • Ortax
    Ortax Posts: 98
    Options
    One more bump
  • Boggie2000
    Options
    I went from about 33/34% down to 18%.... it took me a year, mostly through diet. I have done no strength training per se, only walking, some jogging and bicycling. I dropped 68 pounds, going from 240 to 172... I am considering a p90x or Insanity or something as a real fitness kick to push me through the last of my transition.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    yup thanks to intermittent fasting :)
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Down under 14% now, started very high, as I was 362 pounds at my heaviest. Getting to 15% goes pretty fast. Dropping below that gets much tougher, for me anyway. Be consistent, log your calories, work out, and everyday you'll be closer to your goal than you were yesterday.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    When I actually started tracking 33.5% down to well it depends on which way you measure it. Fat to Fit says 15.5 % my hand held showed me 10.6%/11.3% today. Probably the former is closer to correct. A year. In the last month I gained 1.4 pounds and lost 2.8% (Fat to Fit).
  • Trueray
    Options
    Not yet, but getting there... I was 48% bodyfat when i started. How long it took me to get where i am? About 2yrs or so, I also stalled out or 6 months and fell off the wagon for 4 months.

Do your research lol
  • Trueray
    Options
    Not yet, but getting there... I was 48% bodyfat when i started. How long it took me to get where i am? About 2yrs or so, I also stalled out or 6 months and fell off the wagon for 4 months.

Do your research lol

I have studying weight loss since i was 13, and majoring in biochem. So you go do your research.

I also speak from experience about IF, i done it for a year with no additional benefits. If you did IF eating 5000 calories a day would you lose weight??? IF didn't cause you to lose body fat, it was the calorie deficit.

First off I did the caloric deficit without IF, it works to a point. I could not lose any weight no matter how low my caloric intake was. I had plateau for 3 months until I discovered IF. I have tried every and studied every weight-loss plan in the book . Their is a big difference between studying weight loss and actually performing them. I have done both I have also taken biochem and psychology, I know the human body inside out and to add on to that am a certified lifeguard since I was 14(Do you know how to save a life with that biochem, ah no they don't teach you that). So don't start taking jabs at people about education because your education has nothing on me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I was probably 25% when I started and now I am about 13%. This process took about six years. Although, when I stated I did not really have a clue what the hell I was doing. I went from 25% to 18% first three years and then from 18% to 13% the past three years..now I am making the push to 10%...

basically slow and steady wins the race. there are no complex plans or fad diets that are going to get you there. Eat in a deficit and work out with weights, preferably doing compound lifts - deadlifts, squats, pull ups, chin ups, squat, over head press, squats, etc....
  • Trueray
    Options

Do your research lol

I have studying weight loss since i was 13, and majoring in biochem. So you go do your research.

I also speak from experience about IF, i done it for a year with no additional benefits. If you did IF eating 5000 calories a day would you lose weight??? IF didn't cause you to lose body fat, it was the calorie deficit.

First off I did the caloric deficit without IF, it works to a point. I could not lose any weight no matter how low my caloric intake was. I had plateau for 3 months until I discovered IF. I have tried every and studied every weight-loss plan in the book . Their is a big difference between studying weight loss and actually performing them. I have done both I have also taken biochem and psychology, I know the human body inside out and to add on to that am a certified lifeguard since I was 14(Do you know how to save a life with that biochem, ah no they don't teach you that). So don't start taking jabs at people about education because your education has nothing on me.

Helping people lose weight is saving peoples lives. you "taken" biochem. You're not majoring in it. Did you mean physiology?
    You're right, there is a big difference studying weight loss and doing it. I have lost 185lbs... so if you want to talk about results we can.

I wasn't taking a jab at you. I was just stating the fact... that IF doesn't produce greater weight loss. I have also stalled out one tim for 6 months, WHILE DOING IF. I done IF for a very long time, most of my weight loss journey was doing IF. I still stalled out as i mentioned.

If IF produced weight loss, then you could eat 5,000 calories a day and lose weight. We both know that's not true. You need a calorie deficit to lose weight, IF or not.

I think you think you where eating the same amount of calories.

You can't compare results that's like comparing apples and oranges. IF only works if your at a caloric deficit plus who can eat 5000 calories?! Any weight-loss plan you need to be at a caloric deficit am not that naive lol. IF (for me) just increases that weight-loss.

Moral of the story is that what works for me might not work for someone else. This is me hitting the reset button :)
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear that IF worked for you. It isn't necessary or practical for many people. It also isn't optimal for LBM retention or growth. Its just the latest fade, and should be considered by people that struggle to control their diet. Just give it another year or two and it will be proven that it simple isn't as effective or optimal. Nutritional issues aside, calories are calories. Losing weight is done by creating a caloric deficit. That is a fact.
  • Ortax
    Ortax Posts: 98
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!
  • Sobeeit
    Sobeeit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was 28% dropped to about 13% about 11 months time.. using IF (for last 2 months)
    Lots of hard work and dedication
  • Mateo1985
    Mateo1985 Posts: 153
    Options
    I dropped from 31% BF to about 13% in half a year through dieting at 1200 cals a day. Didn't feel healthy thou coz I was missing out on a lot of nutriens. Gained a lot of it back. Now I'm lifting and will decrease my body fat gradually to get lasting results.
  • bigbrownkid
    Options
    I started mid to low 30%, i am down to about 16% or thats what some online calculators say. Lost in total about 50 pounds, first 30 or so just cardio and dieting, gained 5 of it back then started strength training and running on rest days, since then lost 25 pounds, and now i am much stronger, and feel better. all together 2 years so far, slow and steady i feel like works the best.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

Do your research lol

Helping people lose weight is saving peoples lives. you "taken" biochem. You're not majoring in it. Did you mean physiology?
    You're right, there is a big difference studying weight loss and doing it. I have lost 185lbs... so if you want to talk about results we can.

I wasn't taking a jab at you. I was just stating the fact... that IF doesn't produce greater weight loss. I have also stalled out one tim for 6 months, WHILE DOING IF. I done IF for a very long time, most of my weight loss journey was doing IF. I still stalled out as i mentioned.

If IF produced weight loss, then you could eat 5,000 calories a day and lose weight. We both know that's not true. You need a calorie deficit to lose weight, IF or not.

I think you think you where eating the same amount of calories.

You can't compare results that's like comparing apples and oranges. IF only works if your at a caloric deficit plus who can eat 5000 calories?! Any weight-loss plan you need to be at a caloric deficit am not that naive lol. IF (for me) just increases that weight-loss.

Moral of the story is that what works for me might not work for someone else. This is me hitting the reset button :)

A simple high school biology book would tell you why IF is not the best thing out there. It really depends on the situation and plateauing is not one of them. There are better ways around that.

I struggle to see your logic when nothing to back it up.

It has worked for very few but multiple studies on it have shown to hurt programs more than help.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!