20 pounds in 7 weeks!! :)

Options
hlgriffin08
hlgriffin08 Posts: 16 Member
I started my weight loss journey on February 4th of this year. When I went to weigh myself this morning, the scale finally showed me a loss of 20 pounds (20.4 to be exact)! I have struggled with my weight for the past 7-8 years and this is the first time I have ever lost this much. Every other time i would try to lose weight, I would lose maybe 15 and then eventually gain it all back and then some. Well, there shall be no weight gains this time! I'm finally going about this LIFESTYLE change in the right way-- healthier foods, portion control, and exercise. I have never felt so proud of myself and have no intention of losing that pride! :)

Now, to figure out how to post pics.....

Replies

• healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You will accomplish your goals! Good job on getting 20lbs gone! :)
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What a good results in 7 weeks. And you seem to have "figured out" the secret to losing weight permanently...healthy eating, portion control and exercise. Don't get discouraged if you hit a few plateaus as it's all part of the process. Just relax and keep living in a healthy manner and all will fall into place.
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's great...keep up the good work!
  • hlgriffin08
    Options
    I'm only doing face shots until I get to my goal weight! I am still in shock over the incredible difference. I had not realized my face had changed that much. What an amazing feeling! :)

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a514/Hlgriffin/64d149cb-ec59-4c4b-ae94-ec00041d805b_zps2e778fdb.jpg

64d149cb-ec59-4c4b-ae94-ec00041d805b_zps2e778fdb.jpg
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    that is truly awesome! You should be very proud of yourself and your success will help you stay focused on the goal. woohoo!!!:wink::flowerforyou:
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !! 20 lbs is awesome !!
  • molina76853
    molina76853 Posts: 143
    Options
    Way to go! Yes, it is a lifestyle change, healthier food, portion control and exercise plus lots of water.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wow! You can really see the changes. Way to go. I wish you much success!!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    That shows dedication! Keep going.
  • kristyash60
    Options
    Great Job! I started Jan. 2nd and have lost 22 lbs. I have another 83 to go. Feel free to add me! Keep up the great work!! :smile:
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Awesome! U look 10 years younger!!! Congrats on your loss and best wishes to you on the rest of your journey
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Great job girl!
  • teisha98
    teisha98 Posts: 13
    Options
    Great Job
  • mumb3th
    mumb3th Posts: 36
    Options
    Wow! Good for you - congratulations!!
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow! 20 lbs in 7 weeks is wonderful! Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time!!!!!! Are you doing TDEE - 20%, MFP recommendations for calories or something else? Also what type of exercise and how often?
  • hlgriffin08
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the encouraging words. I did not realize the effect that all this encouragement would have on me! :happy:
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an AMAZING accomplishment!!!

I will say this: Don't get too discouraged if you have a little gain here and there. It happens, even if you're on top of everything. I've been at this about 9-10 weeks now, and I've logged losses most of the time. However, last week I had the unexplainable 6.5 lb loss in a week. A friend warned me that the following week I would probably have a slight gain back. Sure enough, 3 lbs came back! It can never be linear!!!
  • hlgriffin08
    Options
    Wow! 20 lbs in 7 weeks is wonderful! Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time!!!!!! Are you doing TDEE - 20%, MFP recommendations for calories or something else? Also what type of exercise and how often?

Thank you! I just stick to calorie goal MFP gives me. As for exercise, I started out doing 1 hour of cardio at least four to five days a week. For the first two weeks, I just walked at a moderate pace. Then one day, I realized I was not all that tired and it occurred to me that I was slacking off. In the middle of that walk, when the realization hit me, I started jogging. I tend to get more out of my workouts by doing intervals. Like, I would walk from one light pole to the next and then jog from there to the third one and so on.
    This week I decided to add Jillian Michaels 30 DS to my workout plan. Because of my crazy daily schedule, I told myself I would cut my cardio workout to 45 minutes as long as I continued to jog/run instead of walk since I was adding about 20 minutes to my workout with 30 DS. So far, so good..... :)
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering my questions.

Thank you! I just stick to calorie goal MFP gives me. As for exercise, I started out doing 1 hour of cardio at least four to five days a week. For the first two weeks, I just walked at a moderate pace. Then one day, I realized I was not all that tired and it occurred to me that I was slacking off. In the middle of that walk, when the realization hit me, I started jogging. I tend to get more out of my workouts by doing intervals. Like, I would walk from one light pole to the next and then jog from there to the third one and so on.
    This week I decided to add Jillian Michaels 30 DS to my workout plan. Because of my crazy daily schedule, I told myself I would cut my cardio workout to 45 minutes as long as I continued to jog/run instead of walk since I was adding about 20 minutes to my workout with 30 DS. So far, so good..... :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!