Help= fed up

Options
I joined fitness pal a year ago loved doing it then my weight loss just stopped so just before Christmas I joined weight watchers did that for six weeks but didn't really like it I gained 7 pounds over Christmas so my friend talked me into joining slimming world so I did I've lost 3 pounds in 10 weeks every week I'm in tears I just don't get why my weight loss as just stopped I'm now back on fitness pal so my question is do you guys eat your exercise calorie if I exercise and burn 1000 how many of them should I have hope some one can help please add me Jayne 1168

Replies

• heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I eat back only 1/2 my calories over 250. None if I have burned less than that. This works for me. I would recommend taking your measurements , you may be losing inches if not weight
  • jayne1168
    Options
    Thank you for your reply I will try that
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    First, take a deep breath.

Sounds like you need a more sustainable and less invasive approach, i.e., weighing/portioning/logging/macros.

First, do the homework in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013?hl=road+map+3

Second, I let me stomach be my guide for eating my cals back. A 1K workout seems a bit high, but for hypothetical purposes, I would eat about half of that back (I let my body be my guide, within reason).
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    OK Jayne - we need more info.

How much do you eat in a day?
    What is your current weight and goal weight?
    How tall are you?
    Age?
    What is your exercise routine like over the course of a week?
    Do you use MFP settings or work from a deficit to TDEE?

If you give us the info, we can help a little better. I know it is so frustrating to be stuck!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If you open up your food diary, people will be better able to help.
  • staceycanada
    Options
    Read "Is it me or my hormones?" by Marcelle Pick
  • sarahwarren52438
    Options
    hi im new here would love to make some friends :)
  • eightpock
    eightpock Posts: 61
    Options
    I don't eat exercise calories. I find that when I do my weightloss slows. I'm sure this is different for everyone, but for me eating them didn't help
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I don't eat exercise calories. I find that when I do my weightloss slows. I'm sure this is different for everyone, but for me eating them didn't help

Same here, but I am not running a marathon, swimming the Channel or spending hours in gym every day. I ignore the exercise calories
  • jayne1168
    Options
    I have 1270 calories I'm 45 years old 5ft6 I weigh 14st 7 pounds I would like to be 10 st 7 pounds I do exercise every day doing bokwa kettlecise Zumba aerobics circuits spinning
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Jayne, you've already lost a lot, rumour has it it slows down..

But you posted as I posted so... I'm thinking you need more?
  • jayne1168
    Options
    Still got quite a bit to go jsiricos :-/
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    At your weight and height, I'd recommend about 132 grams of protein and 100 ounces of water a day.
  • Angie52732
    Angie52732 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Water is key for me. I drink a gallon a day. I eat more protein than carbs, but still get in a substantial amount of carbs.

My numbers equal about 24 g Protein, 17 g Carbs and 5 g Fat for each meal and I do 5-6 meals per day. My cals are at 1264 net - some days I get all my net in, some days I don't.

Some days I am starving and those are days I make sure to eat back some of exercise calories using healthy options. On the days that I am not starving I don't force the issue.

My carbs come from oatmeal, sweet potatoes, beans, whole grain breads, wraps and such but those breads and grains I only eat once a day. I am losing 1-2 lbs per week again. I have lost 65 and have another 65 to go. I stalled out over last fall and winter due to some family problems but am back on track again.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck! Add me if you would like!
    Angie
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight, eating my exercise calories back didn't work for me.
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think the main issue is that everybody is different, what works for me wont work for you.

You need to take time and work out what works for you, I am afraid there really isn't an easy way around this just trial and error. As long as you make sure you are getting all your essential nutrients and not starving yourself (your body will tell you if you are because you will feel tired and unwell) then you should be fine.
  • jayne1168
    Options
    Thank you guys for all your advice x
  • staceycanada
    Options
    I am 43, 5' 6" also.
    Starting weight 180.
    My daily calorie intake is 1200.

I do eat my calories back but thats because my calorie intake is already small.

So far it's working for me.

Good luck.
    You've been doing great so far.