Still losing weight even though Im eating a lot?

Options
I used MFP to lose my weight. I started out at 186, and my goal was 120. Thing is, My weight did not stop at 120. I have continued to lose even though I have increased my calories. I eat around 1500 a day, and that is pushing it for me! I feel like I eat all the time and I'm constantly full! I thought that amount of calories would help me maintain, but I am now down to 115 pounds, so I guess not! I still use MFP to log things because I enjoy knowing how many carbs, fat etc that is going into my body. I don't want to start throwing unhealthy foods into my body just to increase my calories. I always feel sick when I eat bad things (Fried foods) or when I don't eat my fruit and veggies multiple times a day! Any tips or ideas?

Replies

• foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    1500 would be too low for most. Find an online calculator and figure out your TDEE. Raise your calories 100-200 at a time toward this number until you find what works for you. Good luck.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I used MFP to lose my weight. I started out at 186, and my goal was 120. Thing is, My weight did not stop at 120. I have continued to lose even though I have increased my calories. I eat around 1500 a day, and that is pushing it for me! I feel like I eat all the time and I'm constantly full! I thought that amount of calories would help me maintain, but I am now down to 115 pounds, so I guess not! I still use MFP to log things because I enjoy knowing how many carbs, fat etc that is going into my body. I don't want to start throwing unhealthy foods into my body just to increase my calories. I always feel sick when I eat bad things (Fried foods) or when I don't eat my fruit and veggies multiple times a day! Any tips or ideas?

simply put, 1500 cal is NOT a lot.

edit: feel free to check out my diary for ways to eat a ton of healthy calories.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    1500 is still deficit so you will continue to lose weight eating that much. Adjust your calories to maintenance or you will probably continue to lose weight =/
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Remember how when you were losing weight, you tried to eat more for less calories? Now try to do the opposite. Eat foods with more calories. This doesn't necessarily mean eating unhealthy.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Full fat dressings and mayo, peanut butter, butter and such can be added to increase your calories easily. Don't be afraid of food. You need the fuel.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Full fat dressings and mayo, peanut butter, butter and such can be added to increase your calories easily. Don't be afraid of food. You need the fuel.

This! Ditch all the 'diet' food and swap it for full fat. Nuts are a great healthy snack.
  • LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've recently upped my calorie intake, I didn't want to be unhealthy in doing so either so I've just added nuts and seeds. Flax in my oatmeal or Greek yoghurt, handful of plain almonds etc.

Pretty easy to do while not eating too much more food, just by making my current meals a little more calorie dense.

Good luck.