Best Oatmeal Ever!!!!

Options
I needed to get rid of my sweet tooth so i whiped this up and its only 190 calories.

1/2 cup oatmeal prepared with water
1 Tablespoon Bakers Semi Sweet Chocolate chips
1 Teaspoon cinnamon

Make the oatmeal and let the chocolate chips melt in the oatmeal and add cinnamon. This is to die for, eating it right now and im in heaven lol

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't even know why I have never thought of using chocolate chips in oatmeal before. That sounds pretty good! I would probably add some protein powder to it, only because I like all my oatmeal recipes with protein added, lol.
  • skinny1801
    skinny1801 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    lol got to have the protein, i dont like the idea of adding egg.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Very cool ideas! I will definitely have to try both chocolate chips/protein powder. Never thought of doing either. I'd love to see what other recipes people have for oatmeal.
  • LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a peanut butter addict so I LOVE adding the chocolate PB2 to my oats.
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    I needed to get rid of my sweet tooth so i whiped this up and its only 190 calories.

1 Teaspoon cinnamon

Make the oatmeal and let the chocolate chips melt in the oatmeal and add cinnamon. This is to die for, eating it right now and im in heaven lol

This recipe may just make me eat oatmeal. I haven't found an oatmeal recipe that I like yet. What kind of oatmeal did you use?
  • skinny1801
    Options
    Peanut butter sounds so good ima try that one for breakfast tomorrow
  • skinny1801
    Options

1 Teaspoon cinnamon

This recipe may just make me eat oatmeal. I haven't found an oatmeal recipe that I like yet. What kind of oatmeal did you use?

I used quaker oats.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...chocolate chips + peanut butter + sweetened with vanilla protein powder...ooohhhh....must try that one. :bigsmile:
  • skinny1801
    Options
    Hmmm...chocolate chips + peanut butter + sweetened with vanilla protein powder...ooohhhh....must try that one. :bigsmile:

*Drool* mmmmmmm that sounds to good it should be a sin lol :)
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla protein powder, peanut flour (like PB2) and chocolate almond milk in my oatmeal. It's AWESOME! You can also add some Hershey's cocoa if you don't have the chocolate milk or chocolate chips. A banana added to this is pretty sweet as well. Yum!
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I also use regular peanut butter sometimes too, it just depends on how many calories I allot myself for that meal.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Nope sorry best oatmeal ever is rolled oats & unsweetened almond milk. Creamy, full of goodness & no sugar.
  • MGiardini71884
    MGiardini71884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    that does sound good! I brought oatmeal and cut up some strawberries for it today but now I wish I had chocolate chips for it.
  • LayerzOff
    LayerzOff Posts: 25
    Options
    Sounds yummy hun.. I love maple and pecan porridge (i buy it cause its quicker and i'am lazy) but you can make your own with the quaker oats, maple syrup and pecans ;) yummmy.. My fave haha