Returnee looking for advice & support

Options
:flowerforyou: Hi everyone Im a wife, online student, & stay at home mom of four wonderful babies. I'm taking my weight problems into my own hands deciding to make a change because I do not think the person on the outside matches the person on the inside. I want to regain my pre birth girlish figure I so easily took for granted. To do that I know I will need friends to help along the way so please send me a FR if you are willing to give some tlc.

Mini weight bio: as a teenager I never had to worry about my weight I the flat stomach abs etc. Then I got married and started having babies my body went out the door. My profile is my most recent body shot I try to steer clear from them because I never see myself as being as big as I actually am. My husband who beared no children in his womb has maintained his abs (although they went from 8 to six ) throughout the birth of our children over the past six years. This year I'm not giving any excuses that I don't have the time or don't know what to eat I'm just giving results!

Previous Weight loss problems: I start a workout routine do it a couple times then don't keep at it. I get distracted and put my workout off until the day is over the night has come. Then, I go all day without eating. If I can't eat what I want(which is usually nothing bad) I dont eat at all. Also, I'm not a junkfood kind of girl i like to eat meat & meals when hungry. but if I have packed up the leftovers from dinner and sent them to work with the hubby then I usually just don't bother fixing myself something satisfying and I what I fix for my children is usually not what I would eat although healthy. Finally, I am so confused should I just be doing cardio until I lose weight then try to tone or should I be doing interval training but am I burning enough calories.

As you can see I can use some help I'm a bit of mess here hope to get plenty of feedback soon.

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have a lot in common with you...three young children for me, busy life, etc. it is hard to find the time but you have to be committed. I am currently on day 43 do insanity. Tonight I worked out at 10pm. I could come up with a million excuses as to why I don't have time to work out, but they are just that...excuses. As far as working out, don't limit yourself to cardio. Increasing your muscle mass will only help you to burn calories. :)
  • MrsBlu2006
    Options
    Thank you. You are a brave soul for taking on insanity and I look forward to seeing your results! I do workout late a lot because my husband works shift work and that's prime uninterrupted time! I just wasn't committed before as you mentioned one must be. I will expanding my exercise portfolio I'm sure I like fun and energetic workouts.
  • sammirust
    sammirust Posts: 83
    Options
    i dont have any children, but i remember when i was younger, my mom used to take me out with her and my dad to go on long walks. great way for family to spend time and plus walking is good for you all <3
    i know my aunt goes running with her littles one in a stroller too...if you have one young enough for that ^^
    good luck with everything <3
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is joy I have 3 kids one 17 and twins 8 the 2 boys have autism and the youngest ADHD also. I work full time shiftwork as a midwife. I workout 6 days a week because it keeps me sane and I love it. I do a combination of running, lifting and jillian michaels body revolution. I could easily say I don't have time but it is so important to me, the housework is the thing I let slip but we eat well the kids are clean and everyone is happy. Send a friend request and I will try to motivate you. I think you need to do a combination of cardio and weights why wait to build muscle it can be there waiting when the fat goes in my opinion but you need to shift the fat to show the muscle definition. I can tell on me there is a six pack underneath the twin mummy belly I just have to shift the fat and extra skin, this is my problem area my kids were all big and the skin significantly stretched. Also don't starve yourself eat a good amount of calories never fall below 1200 net calories and with the exercise your metabolism will stay high. If you eat too little initially weight loss will be fast but then it will stall. I eat 1900 a day everyday but I workout hard. Hope this helps.
  • MrsBlu2006
    Options
    i dont have any children, but i remember when i was younger, my mom used to take me out with her and my dad to go on long walks. great way for family to spend time and plus walking is good for you all <3
    i know my aunt goes running with her littles one in a stroller too...if you have one young enough for that ^^
    good luck with everything <3

Hey, yes walking is agree way to spend family time. When my husbands schedule was more stable we would go to our local bike & hike trail. However, my kids are young and I would need a stroller if I wanted to make it through the whole trail with them alone. Because they are my mini wuvs their stride is not as big as mine so we have to walk much slower. Im thinking about getting the two middle one some kind of scooter they can ride & then I will just have to push a single stroller. Those double triple strollers with 22-34lbs kids are no joke! Thanx for the support
  • MrsBlu2006
    Options
    Hi my name is joy I have 3 kids one 17 and twins 8 the 2 boys have autism and the youngest ADHD also. I work full time shiftwork as a midwife. I workout 6 days a week because it keeps me sane and I love it. I do a combination of running, lifting and jillian michaels body revolution. I could easily say I don't have time but it is so important to me, the housework is the thing I let slip but we eat well the kids are clean and everyone is happy. Send a friend request and I will try to motivate you. I think you need to do a combination of cardio and weights why wait to build muscle it can be there waiting when the fat goes in my opinion but you need to shift the fat to show the muscle definition. I can tell on me there is a six pack underneath the twin mummy belly I just have to shift the fat and extra skin, this is my problem area my kids were all big and the skin significantly stretched. Also don't starve yourself eat a good amount of calories never fall below 1200 net calories and with the exercise your metabolism will stay high. If you eat too little initially weight loss will be fast but then it will stall. I eat 1900 a day everyday but I workout hard. Hope this helps.

Hi Joy, you have a lot going on but I understand how excercise can keep you sane. I find myself feeling more energentic and happier when I workout. I haven't tried the jillian Michaels Body Revolution yet. I tried her 30 day shred and didn't care much for it.(I like my exercise instructors to workout with me) I will definitely be sending a friends request I dont think to much motivation can be a bad thing. I mainky workout from home and only have 5 lbs hand weights. But, my husband and I have been looking into getting a weight lifting system. I have a lot of extra skin too I was on bedrest about the third month of every pregnancy and hospitalized with the third. When you are on bedrest people FEED you, lol. Although, I could've said no I know that is why I gained the majority of my weight during pregnancy. I'm hoping to continue working out so that I can see a change in my mid section and gain some core strength. I need to work on eating more I usually only eat at dinner and MFP told me the other day that I need to maintain at least 1200 calories so I have been doing that. Everything has definitely helped thanks :)