Dont want to plateau

Hi I'm Mark- my goal is 65lbs. Started Jan 4th and lave lost 23 lbs so far. Have stayed the same for a week-then gained 2 lbs. My calorie intake looks low but I dont add to diary the fruit I eat. Is this what they call a plateau? How can I start to lose again next week-1 or 2 lbs?? I cant exercise because of sciatica nerve pain (will in the near future).

Replies

• jmparis65
    jmparis65 Posts: 58 Member
    Check out this thread, pay particular attention to the first posting and the links in it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/931670-bmr-and-tdee-explained-for-those-needing-a-guide
  • mummikins1
    mummikins1 Posts: 2 Member
    don't lose heart, I plateaud for 6 weeks last year, and got really despondant.
    Suddenly, I lost 5 lb in a week, didn't change anything, I guess my body just
    caught up, and now I'm on another plateau...but having been on the first one
    I know I will break it soon...:smile:
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Read that link, do a search in MFP forums for this topic, and also...I personally just got over a 3.5 week plateau, then the weight started coming off again. However, I realized that I wasn't eating enough and changed my calories.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Exercise is what broke me out of my plateau. I know it can be hard to find something that won't strain your back, but even some simple bicep curls will burn a few extra cals. Also if you have access to a pool, swimming (or just moving slowly around a pool) is great exercise without straining your body at all. Good luck.
  • pbass1
    pbass1 Posts: 9
    I find that if I eat more every third or fourth day that usually works for me.
  • jmparis65
    jmparis65 Posts: 58 Member
    and it was exercise that helped put me in mine.

Once I started burning a bunch of calories, I wasn't eating enough to support my bodies basically daily needs.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    I'm almost 2 weeks into a plateau right now. But I've been taking it easy the past two weeks due to a lot of stress on the homefront, having my mind elsewhere.