I thought I was going to die!!!

Options
Well, I just got back from the hardest workout of my life. I threw up. I went with some friends of mine who are runners. We went running stadiums. I am not a runner. To top it off, they made me take my German Shepherd at a extra boost. We ran up and down the stairs and with each one completed, we did 25 sit ups and squats. I hate them so much right now. Just kidding. I am bushed. I told them that I would do it again, after I jog more and use the stair climber at the gym first.
I don't know how many calories, but it better be a WHOLE LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Well, I just got back from the hardest workout of my life. I threw up. I went with some friends of mine who are runners. We went running stadiums. I am not a runner. To top it off, they made me take my German Shepherd at a extra boost. We ran up and down the stairs and with each one completed, we did 25 sit ups and squats. I hate them so much right now. Just kidding. I am bushed. I told them that I would do it again, after I jog more and use the stair climber at the gym first.
    I don't know how many calories, but it better be a WHOLE LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lovelygirls
    Options
    That sounds like a realy hard core work out! Well done!

Make sure you pamper yourself after that!
  • icandoit
    Options
    4 ibuprofen, and a nice long nap with my 3 year old.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    icandoit, that is so great! I LOVE those kind of workouts. It's the worst while you're going through it, but you must be so proud of yourself! I don't know if you ever do this, but you might want to take a luke warm soak in epsom salts just in case your muscles decide to retaliate and you get sore! GOOD FOR YOU GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!!!
  • tonimichaelson
    Options
    Good for you!!!!! I have a 5 and a 2 year old, during a work out they're all I think about. It's just something about napping with your babies, it doesn't get much better than that. Keep up the good work!!!!!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Are you surprised with how far you can push yourself? Not to mention you must feel so proud and strong today!

Great job!!!!!
  • heyslc
    heyslc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that motivating post! That's just what I needed to read to get my bottom off the chair and onto the treadmill! If you were willing to take on that type of a workout - without joining the marines- I have no excuses! Off I go.....:happy:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    E Gads!!
  • icandoit
    Options
    My legs feel a bit wobbly. I took a great nap and I am not ready for that for a little while. Maybe in a few weeks. I know i will be feeling it in the morning.
    That's for the cheers.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I've never done that but if I had friends that pushed me like that I'd kiss em!!!

Make sure you stretch... it'll make doing it next time a whole lot easier.

Angela :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hey Icandoit...I just logged on...thanks for posting...I was going to ask you how it went today...I was wondering if you had joined a running club or something like that...you keep working out like that and the fire department will try to recruit you....Bravo...I'm proud for you!

Friend,
    Fat Dancer
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm jealous that you have such motivating friends! You won't want to, but you absolutely HAVE TO work out tomorrow and Thursday. DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) will be bad tomorrw, but even worse on Thursday if you don't. Go for a walk and get your legs pumping the lactic acid out or you will not even be able to move later this week. Keep up the ibuprofen until this weekend too, that will help! :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    Options
    Ok, this morning was hell. I am so sore. I still went to the gym. I did the treadmill and the StairMaster. I will be using that machine until I am fit for the stadiums again. Love the feel of the sore, it lets me know that I worked hard. Just don't like to sit or bend. Ibuprofen is my hero. That's for the Epsom salt idea. I did soak in that last night. It felt great.
    Have a good one!!!