New to dieting and hungry!

Options
klm23
klm23 Posts: 8 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm a new dieter after admitting to myself that my weight has been creeping up the last few years. I seem to remember being 135 pounds for a long time and yesterday I weighed in at 147. My wedding is coming up in 8 weeks and I'd like to lose 10 pounds if possible.

After two days of this, I'm so hungry!! Anyone else? I'm not coming in much below the calorie markers and I am sure hungry. Today I'm eating much more protein than I did yesterday, but still...I have been in the habit (before this started) of eating when I feel hungry, so this feels very unusual and I'm not sure if I can keep it up for 2 months!

Has anyone else had this experience? Does it get better? Tricks?

Replies

• melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Can you make your food diary public so we can see what you are eating? A lot of how full you feel depends on what you are eating moreso than the amount of calories. Whole wheat, fresh fruits and veggies, beans, anything else with fiber will be more filling.
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Sometimes the mind thinks the body is hungry but it's really thirst.

Also, if you're hungry... eat. Just track it and see if it works for you. MPF calculates what you need to live on and subtracts enough for you to lose weight so make sure you eat all of your alloted cals. If the process if awful, you won't stick to it so you have to make it work for you. Good luck!
  • shmilla
    shmilla Posts: 19
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your wedding! And secondly, yep, I sometimes get hungry. And when I do, I try to sort out if I'm just thirsty or if I actually need more food. You can do it, but don't get too caught up in it. I think your goal is very reasonable. Give yourself and your body time to adjust!
  • klm23
    Options
    I made it public now...
  • klm23
    Options
    Thanks to everyone - already feeling encouraged!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    At a glance, you seem to be doing okay.

If you are used to eating too much, it might take a while for your your body to adjust.
    There is also such thing as phsycological hunger i. e. you think you´re hungry even though you´re really physically not.
    It get´s easier when you just stick to the plan.

Eating lots of small meals can help as well as drinking lots of water.
    Also, eat slowly. It take a while for the feel of getting full to kick in.
  • scotty_81
    scotty_81 Posts: 59
    Options
    Eat lots of low calorie bulk like salad and veggies to keep you full and drink plenty. I know you are on a time limit but it will be easier for your body to adapt if you try losing half a pound a week to start with. I did this for a couple of weeks before going down to lose a pound a week. Still lost a pound those first couple of weeks anyway. I think it took a little while for my stomach to shrink and get used to eating less. When I plateaued I lessened the calories. Good luck with losing the weight and good luck with the wedding too. Mine is in three months - can't wait!
  • molberts
    molberts Posts: 35
    Options
    Just to add, some exercise, even some walking, every day is crucial. I'm sure you'll look fab on your wedding day, congrats :happy: