how to stay in limit on SUGARS ?????

Options
I have been on this for almost 3 and half month. I am seeing some results (positive obviously) and have changed my eating/ exercising habit. Most of the days i am under calories but i am ALWAYS HIGH on sugars when i don't really eat/ drink junk food, fizzy drinks. (one in a blue moon). I eat fruits like apple, kiwi, banana blah blah blah and normally two cups of coffee/tea per day with one teaspoon sugar.

Is it too much ? i can't give up my coffee/tea. How do you stay under sugar ?

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I noticed the same thing. The only way I could've stayed under was to stop eating fruit and I wasn't gonna do that. I stopped tracking it and it didn't hurt me.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    if you are within ur calories and carbohydrate limits.. why does it matter with ur sugars? ur not diabetic are you?
  • monikalama
    monikalama Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thnkx. So basically, if i am under my cal or carb and all the sugars are coming from fruits, i don't need to worry much ?? :happy: :happy: :happy:

and i am not diabetic. :noway:
  • Sefrick
    Sefrick Posts: 11
    Options
    Sugar is TOUGH!

First, do research on the glycemic index for fruits. Some are much higher in sugars than others, For example Apples, Bananas and Oranges are relatively high compared to Berries and Melon. Second, exercise gives more allowances for sugar consumption.

I know sugar is going to be hard for me and and girlfriend (also a new member) too.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    thnkx. So basically, if i am under my cal or carb and all the sugars are coming from fruits, i don't need to worry much ?? :happy: :happy: :happy:

if ur under ur carb and calorie limit it really doesnt matter at all where ur sugars come from unless the majority is from High fructose corn syrup then you might run into health issues but ur fruits are fine.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

if ur under ur carb and calorie limit it really doesnt matter at all where ur sugars come from unless the majority is from High fructose corn syrup then you might run into health issues but ur fruits are fine.

This
  • monikalama
    Options
    Sugar is TOUGH!

First, do research on the glycemic index for fruits. Some are much higher in sugars than others, For example Apples, Bananas and Oranges are relatively high compared to Berries and Melon. Second, exercise gives more allowances for sugar consumption.

I know sugar is going to be hard for me and and girlfriend (also a new member) too.

uhmm uhmm no i exercise three times a week.. it only gives me more calories but no more sugar allowance :ohwell:
  • monikalama
    Options

oh well then i will try not to stress much. Every day i finish my diary, i see wayy over on my sugars, vitamins and what else. I don't really understand about these macro nutrients .
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    As long as your sugar isn't mostly from highly processed foods like cakes and bread ect don't worry about it. Eating fruit will put over on sugar.
  • lockmand
    lockmand Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This is interesting. I just came back to myfitnespal after a short miss due to change in work schedule,
    And when I logged my foods yesterday, I was over by 6 in sugars.
    I was not happy, and know that the sweet potato dish was the cause. I went on to log in my exercise, which
    was 60 min on bike for 14 miles. When I went back to study my sugars to see what the foods were that pushed it high,
    it was no longer high! The exercise had brought it to within normal range! So with me the exercise did make a difference, Right?
    I am paying much more attention to the stats on my food log ins now because before my missing a few days here, I had noticed
    that eating less than my daily calories was keeping me from loosing. I stayed on a plateau for too long, but when I went up in my calories, I lost again, so it is important to eat those needed calories and re adjust as you lose. I am learning so much here that I needed to know earlier on. As a retired teacher, I think this stuff should be taught in health and physical ed classes in schools!
    Also in home economics if that is still taught....
    Donna155
  • cpudoc64
    cpudoc64 Posts: 135
    Options

Finally some sense in all this "sugar madness" Good info !