Weighing yourself

Options
Hey! :)

When it comes to weighing yourself, how often do you do it? I'm back to dieting (I previously lost 25lbs when I was laid off, got a job again and well kind of gained it back, plus 5lbs) and I just want to see what other peoples habits are!

I decided to weigh myself weekly on Sundays. (previously I did it every day!) Also, when you weigh yourself, do you do it w/ your clothes on or w/ no clothes? I do it w/ no clothes because well the clothes are adding ounces. (my scale tells me to the ounce)

Thanks! :)

Replies

• Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Typically on Saturday, with no clothes. I also tape myself every 30 days.
  • nicolajblair
    Options
    I record my weight weekly, although can't resist sometimes having a cheeky little look midweek. And definately withoug clothing. Morning is when you're at your lightest too.
  • SCarolinaNiki
    SCarolinaNiki Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week (with the occasional quick check here and there). Since I'm using an old, crappy scale at work, definitely with clothes on but no shoes since they are what change the most in weight from day to day. Maybe if I had a better, more accurate scale I'd care more about the weight of the clothes.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I only record my weight once a week.

The daily weigh-in is a mindfulness thing for me-- not an obsession thing. It's like logging my food: it keeps me mindful of my body, and makes more aware of how much my weight fluctuates naturally (and thus makes me freak out less when it DOES go up a pound or two), and also how my body responds to extra salt, too much wine, not enough water, more meat less veggies, etcetera.

The weekly weigh-in is what I track as progress towards my goal.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    never. since i started my journey jan 1 2012, i've only weighed myself 3 times. the last one was for kicks because the scale was there. i only go by inches lost.