Question for those who have lost a lot - Always cold?

Options

Replies

• kxlly
    kxlly Posts: 21
    Options
    Yep. One thing that helped me was taking long (10+ minutes), blisteringly cold showers. I only manage this in the summer, but they increase my cold tolerance a lot.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I had cold feet/hands whole my life.
    Now they are permanently sporting warmness usualy associated with freshly dug out corpse, but looking forward to summer, i was usualy this angry , sweating walrous if temperature went above 20 degrees, murdering myself with long sleves and pants cos i didnt want to show ANY of the chubby as heck body.

Summer dresses , short skirts etc...i can deal with a bit more coldness during winter in exchange of that :33333333
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well, I have always got cold easily. However, since I have gained my weight, I notice I don't get cold nearly as much. I know my weight gain has to do w/ that. So, yes I can understand why you would get cold more easily.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I lost over a 100 lbs at least 10 years ago and I am always cold and it hasnt changed or gotten better. I also live in New England, which is similar weather to Buffalo, and pretty much if it is under 80 degrees I am cold! And my fingers get blue and at times I get reynauds in my fingers......
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    One of my main reasons for deciding to get back in shape (67 pounds lost , 33 left to lose) was a skinny friend telling me that he never feels uncomfortable in the summer heat (unlike fat old me!).
    Now it's winter and I'm freezing cold, he never warned me about that!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm always cold but I really hate wearing lots of clothes, if I wear more than 2 layers it makes me feel so uncomfortable.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I"m always cold as well. Especially my hands and feet. I wear wool socks to try and keep my feet warm and thick fuzzy house slippers when I'm home lol. I end up sitting on my hands to keep them warm lol
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Always cold, unless I overeat!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    This is why when you're skinny, it's mandatory to move to the beach. :tongue:

I support this statement!

But seriously, I am cold all the time and have lost 95 pounds. Maybe it's the insulation thing my husband talks about.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Cold when in a caloric deficit. Otherwise, I'm OK. 120 lbs ago, I was ALWAYS hot.
  • tallpixels
    Options
    I used to roast and sweat a lot when I was heavier, but I've noticed that I'm a lot more cold natured since losing weight. My partner is always hot and we fight over the thermostat, especially in the summer. I find it helpful to keep a "softest blanket ever" around to wrap up in, a nice comfy hoodie, and a pair of thick socks. #skinnypeopleproblems lol
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Initially I felt cold often. But after maintaining and slightly gaining for a few months it has greatly improved.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I went from sweating and being hot all the time even in winter to just about freezing to death this winter. I really wasn't prepared for it, I had figured out how to deal with being hot but I'm still working on figuring out this cold thing. I can tell you that prior to my weight loss I had several instances in hot summer weather that I almost fainted from deyhdration and heat. I used to have to pack ice and cold wash clothes to go to my daughters softball games. Now I'm freezing and can't wait to be outdoors this summer! I am counting the days until I can ride my bike outdoors instead of on the trainer in my dining room.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Every time I start to lose weight I am cold. When I stop, I am warm. Right now I am cold, so that's a good thing and no, it as thing to do with it being 1C outside at the moment!
  • Puggles04
    Puggles04 Posts: 37
    Options
    I live in Buffalo too! Try upping your cals a little bit. When I was eating under what I should have been, I was freezing. Also, check your doors for drafts. Seal up your windows as well. I know it sucks. lol! Go up and down the stairs for a little bit or stand outside in the cold for a few minutes then go back inside and you will feel warm again.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    YES. when i gained weight, i was never cold! but since i've returned to my normal size and body fat%, i'm ALWAYS cold.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    So, i've lost a lot of weight. Im always, always cold. I also live in Buffalo so its cold here but even inside the house im freezing. The thermostat is set to 71 and everyday my fingers, toes and nose are like ice cubes. All while my 3 yr old wants to run around naked all day lol. So, my question is, does this regulate itself out with time?

Eating more fat should help. I find that when my calories and especially fat consumption is low, that I have more trouble with feeling cold. I will often go and take my daily dose of coconut oil, fish oil and flaxseed oil and soon after I'm able to shuck the thick sweater I wear around the house in winter.
  • HonoriaLucasta
    HonoriaLucasta Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I actually had the opposite result - I was cold all the time when I was mildly overweight. Always had a sweater or blanket at my desk at work, constantly drank hot tea even in summer, etc. When I started running and lifting weights (and tracking calories, but I never went very low) and lost 30 pounds, I stopped getting cold. This last summer/fall I had a mild but REALLY persistent case of mono, could not work out at all for six months, and I totally noticed that I started getting really cold again (when I stopped being feverish). Even though I gained 10 pounds. I was able to start working out again a couple of months ago and now I am back to normal temperature-wise (still have a few extra pounds to get rid of :)) and don't need the sweater I keep at my desk at work.

I kind of suspect that it's all to do with metabolism and mine was kind of crap when I was overweight and got better when I started working out. If you've been doing low calories for a while you might have the same problem. Eat more and strength train?
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yes I can say that. Hands and fingers always cold and even on warmer days, I am very comfortable where I used to just be hot as hell. I love it! Like I heard a long time ago, I can always put on more clothes when its cold but can never take enough off when its hot.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    75lbs down and I'm always cold now lol my nose and hands are the worst! My mum says it's because i've "lost my blubba" lol thanks mum!x