One Year on MFP: 157-138 - with pics

Options
AthenaErr
AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
Its been a long slow road, but I am really pleased with my progress so far.

Bit of background: after a difficult pregnancy that had me bedbound for 4-5 months and some very hard real life experiences. I was overweight, tired, stressed and very unhappy. I had been trying to lose weight for about a year when I started on mfp but was yo-yo-ing all over the place and not making any real progress with my fitness. I had some real problems with my body alignment that just weren't sorting themselves out despite physiotherapy.

Mpf is an amazing tool, it gave me the ability to really track what was going on with me and make small adjustments that I could actually implement (rather than big workout/diet programmes I was unable to stick to).

One year later:
-My body no longer feels crazy. I am able to eat well and make decent sustainable food choices
-My body is no longer scarily weak. I can squat. I can get up off the floor without pulling myself up. I can run. I am not always tired
-My body is no longer something I am trying to screen out. When I see my reflection I do see room for improvement, but I no longer just want to cry
-I am alive again, able to deal with my life and not trying to escape my feelings or my problems with food.

Thanks mfp!

(Hope the pic works!)

6067a0f6-e8f2-4770-8f89-e0d24e6d80fe.jpg

Replies

• CrystalX82
    CrystalX82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! Congrats on all of your hard work!
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look amazing!! :flowerforyou:
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job!! All your hard work has paid off. :happy:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Fantastic victory!
  • lisa2point0
    Options
    Wow! You look great!! Amazing job!!
  • Slim_Donna
    Slim_Donna Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well done you've done fantastic :)
  • SheriKCourtney
    Options
    You look awesome! WTG!
  • amnaimon
    amnaimon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    amazing work..may i ask your height and what did you do in terms of exercise n diet! Thanks
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    So awesome! I had a similar problem after being on bed rest, nice to hear others stories and improvement.
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft4, starting BMI 27. I mainly tried for 1500cals a day plus exercise - 30DS, C25K, then some lifting. Now Ive just started 5:2 and am mainly running training for a 10k end of May
  • LynNann57
    LynNann57 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Inspiring, and so happy for you! You look great! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!