shadow boxing while jogging

Options
Okay, well i don't have a HRM and can't afford one, so i was wondering if there is anyone that knows approx. how many cal. burned while doing this...or if there is a good site calculator that would tell me. I can't find one that has it.

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm just surprised that you actually do this.

Are you a fan of Rocky films or something?
  • LinzJA
    LinzJA Posts: 16
    Options
    LMAO!! No, i just get really pumped once i start jogging and then i can't move enough lol so i start doing the boxing too :)
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I think if we maybe had a video of you doing it, we can more accurately see how calories you burned. You know, to see the intensity level that youre doing it at.
  • rapat
    rapat Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My guess is it would be a small amount compared to the calories burned jogging.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    as somebody who loves boxing and who is trying to get into running, please focus on one. You won't get optimal results if you try doing them both. Work on your time and distance for running and work on your jabs and power when boxing for the longest time possible but keep them seperate.

If you're feeling really pumped, increase your running speed. If you REALLY insist, keep both of your hands up but not out. Just try to hold them up so after a while some effort is used to keeping them up. In boxing you need to keep your hands up for a while so this will be a good practice that comes in handy for shadow boxing.

Besides this, good luck. Try not to hurt yourself (and more importantly, others)
  • LinzJA
    Options
    hmmm...that i can't do. no way to do so lol all i can say is that i do it w/ weights. oh well, i was just curious. i can just continue to log in jogging.
  • LinzJA
    Options
    :) Thanks!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    IN for videos. always
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    IDK but I do this while on the treadmill. Not outside. I fear ppl will stop and try to help me get rid of the apparent bee swarm attacking me.
  • LinzJA
    Options
    IDK but I do this while on the treadmill. Not outside. I fear ppl will stop and try to help me get rid of the apparent bee swarm attacking me.
    lol yeah, it does look hilarious i'm sure!
  • sac4fd
    sac4fd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When I take my BodyStep class my instructor is always yelling at us to keep doing the coordinating arm movements because it is "20% of our workout". Not sure how accurate that is though.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    People actually do this and not just for Rocky movies and bad parodies?
  • LinzJA
    Options
    lol maybe not everyone...