Hi I've just started today

Options
Need a lot of help and looking for it here. Thanks

Replies

• francin3mendez
    Options
    The key is to fill out your fitness pal every single day and never give up. It really helps alot. If you can get in one hour or more of cardio everyday.
  • deftodie
    deftodie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hey there!!! i would highly suggest making long term goals for yourself, i get a nice shiny book that i can refer to. what is your short term goal? get into a certain size by summer? feeling healthy, better sleep?

remind yourself to drink more water and eliminate sugary beverages (pop --even diet stuff is terrible for you!!, juices, limit alcohol)
    try to be more active everyday (i need to go hop on my bike as we speak!)
    remind yourself that food is fuel for your body, most people think its all about reduction, i try not to think that way at all,think more that you're picking better choices and eating more of it!! that in itself will reduce a lot of crap from the diet.

lift weight and do resistance training. muscle burns more fat!! there are a ton of videos out there on youtube.
    eat protein at every meal and don't forget snacks!!! i've learned that having an afternoon snack on a gym day is not enough, i have to have a snack around 2/3pm plus eat some fast acting carbohydrate 30 mins before i go to the gym or i don't have enough energy and feel starving through my workout. always try to eat a small amount of carbohydrate and protein within an hour after the gym/exercise (30 mins preferred-- trust me on this!!!)

good luck to you!!!
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck. I always try to keep portion control in mind and read the labels on everything you eat. Moderation is better then taking things away completely from your diet.
  • ChampagnePaulie
    ChampagnePaulie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP. The most important thing is to record EVERYTHING that you eat and drink, even down to the milk you put in your tea and coffee. Even on the days where you may go over your allowance, still record. If you miss something off that you've eaten you're only cheating yourself. Also, give the plan time, it is a way to lose weight at a sensible rate if done correctly and not a quick fix.

Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck.
  • Heevenlee83
    Options
    feel free to add me and also anyone who is looking for friends