Help! 19, Female, 140 pounds - Need Motivation

Options
Hey guys,
My name is Emily, I'm 19, female and weigh 64kg (140 pounds) - I sound so much heavier in pounds! haha

I'm new to this thing, my friend introduced me to it a couple of days ago and it's really good for counting calories and recording what you do, but my problem is the motivation to lose weight.
I weigh now, 64kg (140 pounts) size 12-14 and thats embarrassing enough for me to say in public, I don't like how I look at all, and I used to be a size 8 (Australian), and back then, I didn't realise that I looked good, I still thought I was fat, but now I realise that I looked amazing and that I should have had the motivation to exersice (Because I don't like exercising in public as people judge me) but now, I want to get back to that size 8 and stay there and be healthy.
I need motivation, it's really difficult to cut back on my eating habits as I'm just used to having whatever I wanted.

Please help, list some recipes or food that's just as tasty, but a lot less fatty.
Any help is MUCH appreciated, I'm desperate!

Replies

• buckmank
    buckmank Posts: 2
    Options
    Put a picture of yourself when you were a size 8 somewhere where you can see it everyday (and if you have multiple, put it in more places, like on your fridge) and then you will see they way you want to look everyday and it will make you feel more motivated to stick with it.
  • buckmank
    buckmank Posts: 2
    Options
    Put a picture of yourself when you were a size 8 somewhere where you can see it everyday (and if you have multiple, put it in more places, like on your fridge) and then you will see they way you want to look everyday and it will make you feel more motivated to stick with it.
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    140 lbs. ....sounds like you are already in pretty good shape...please send a pic...
  • eleanorrachel
    Options
    I think buckmank's idea is a good one!

In terms of food, ive recently discovered the beauty of homemade tortilla pizza - virtually no carbs compared to normal pizza, just as tasty and as low fat as you like.
    I just grab a tortilla, spread some tomato and basil sauce over, chuck on some peppers, onions, chicken - whatever toppings you like and a sprinkling of low fat cheese and just pop in the oven. Actually as satisfying as a restaurant pizza or more so because you've made it yourself!

Good luck with your journey :)
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    140lbs sounds like an ideal weight ...how tall are you?
  • Freshstart07
    Freshstart07 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You have already done the hardest part of any race which is the start. My advice for you from a much older man is to never be shy or embarrased of the work that you do and in all things develop a "Propensity for Action". Get up now and go go go! and don't stop until after you cross the finish line. You'll never regret that you did only that you did not.
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    If you need some support we are all here for you. You can add friends to help with your goals. If you would like you can add me as a friend. Good luck and welcome.
  • EmmyRose
    EmmyRose Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are super quick at replying! haha

Thanks so much for the advice :)
    I'll post a pic up of what I look like now, later, as I'm at work (hehe oops)
    I would normally put a picture up of when I was a size 8, only I didn't take any because I hated photos and being taken photographs of.

Sorry I forgot to put my height it, I'm 164cm (5'4) so I'm a shorty, so I look a lot chubbier than I actually am because of my height.

I know many people on here are starting off at heavier weights, but we all start somewhere and I want to hit this before I get any worse as I don't want to get into my mid 20's and be obese instead of just overweight.
    Thats Dewaine for your comment :)

And elanorrachel your pizza idea sounds excellent! I think I'll try that! :)
    Thank you again :)