1400 calories over my budget!? What do I do?

Options

Replies

• jcfromny
    jcfromny Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well said and very encouraging!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Mitigate.

Stop posting, hit the gym for an hour or two.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Neither. Deep breath, put it behind and start fresh tomorrow.

Agreed. See my diary from this week. :embarassed:

One night I tracked.. I just didn't even bother tracking EVERYTHING from yesterday.. Today I'm not even hungry because I had so much food yesterday!!! Just make sure that today you get lots of good stuff! =) I'm drinking extra water and I'm going to make sure I get more fruits and veggies. It is nothing to worry about! *kitten* happens! Don't worry about cutting calories.. just keep moving forward!
  • putupurdukes
    putupurdukes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree mostly with the: "Breathe, everyone slips up" mentality but also think that an hour or so on a stationary bike never hurts! It's early in the day. No worries if it doesn't totally wipe out the 1400 but if you haven't exercised much today, it's good for you!
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I agree. Start over, don't get mad at yourself, and learn from it what you can. I used to do this exact same thing all the time until I paid a little attention to why I was doing it. (I still do it from time to time, but it's not as scary.)

You'll be fine!
  • TerriLBetzer
    Options
    Take a deep breath. Life happens. Just got home and put my lunch in: WOW. Tonight it will be a salad with chicken and thats OK. Don't have regerts. Put it behind you and move on to the next meal with care. And smile because you are on the right track.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I have moved this topic to Motivation and Support.

Thank you,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'll be over by half that, maybe closer to the full 1400 today. Late night over-eating urge got the best of me. But since I don't want to punish myself by starving for the rest of the day, I'll just make as good of food choices as I can, log it, and move on. We all go over sometimes.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I would like to see your food diary.

what is your daily caloric goal?
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    we all do this and frankly if we continue to just "deny" ourselves everything we will do this more often not less. tart again tomorrow and put today behind you. ONE DAY is simply not going to make that much of a difference if you are doing it right the rest of the time.
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Congratulate yourself on tracking it and start over tomorrow. I feel of the wagon and when I knew I went over I stopped tracking for the entire weekend. What can I do but start over tomorrow. I did prepare healthy food for breakfasts and lunches over the week so getting on track shouldn't be difficult.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Get back on track right now.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    As other's have said my advice would be to see it as a one day set back and move on. Don't start the cycle of overeating and then severely undereating
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    You have some water and start over tomorrow. Punishing yourself for eating is never a good idea.
  • Snowboard3r
    Snowboard3r Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I keep 1 free day a week, to eat and drink and do what I want....it keeps me in check. I will eat better during the rest of the week just knowing I can kill it on one day...it doesn't seem to affect my diet.
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    KILL IT TOMORROW OR DIE TRYING !
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would still work out today to try to reduce how much you are over. An hour or two at the gym will reduce that immensely.
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    Just take it as a bad day and move on... We all have those days! Don't put yourself down because of it!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I remember that time back in 1993... I was obese and accidently went 1400 calories under my budget . I woke up the next day skinny. It's amazing how you can change everything with 1 day of eating off plan.
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I have to say that for the most part (only two rather snide posts so far) this has been the nicest bunch of helpful replies I've seen on here.

These are the absolute best & truthful answers possible and I hope Dancing follows this advice. One day slipping up and falling down does NOT blow all your hard work so far. A fall on your face is still moving forward so get up, dust off, grab your healthy lifestyle bootstraps and yank real hard. Now take the next step. You are fine and will continue to lose if you just get right back in the saddle. You didn’t get to where you are by overeating one day and you won’t mess up by overeating one day. Take the good advice, ignore the bad and move forward.