Pliates as a warm up for Aerobics

Options
jtotheno
jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
Has anyone tried using pilates as a warm up for more vigorous excercise? I am thinking of trying this out, but have never done pilates and am hoping I wont be too whipped at the end to do my regular aerobics workout. I have just got a simple 10 minute instructional video with pilates on the ball, so I'm thinking it should be fine, but some of the stretches look craazy! lol

Replies

• funfor5
    funfor5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Actually I do pilates after a vigorous workout sometimes! It really helps to stretch and loosen up. I find that it is hard to do pilates before warming up a bit - I'm not very flexible - lol !! :)
  • ShastaAngel
    Options
    I have Mari Winsor's 20 minute pilates DVD and it is a great warm up before weights and aerobics! I do take a 10 to 15 minute break between the pilates and the other excercises to drink some water... staying hydrated is key when working out!
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I like doing pilates after a shorter cardio. I just did tonight. I find pilates challenging but relaxing. I think in reverse order it might be hard to get the energy to get up and do cardio. It is a nice cool down.
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You guys are so right, it worked great as a cool down after my workout. I've never done it before, but it was really relaxing.