BodyMedia device, anyone using it?

Options
Just got it and setting up last night, starting logging at my fitness pal on Monday. My goal is to lose 30 pounds but I will concentrate on doing it little by little since this is not an easy task and want to keep it realistic. Feel free to share your experience :)

Replies

• sierrajordon
    sierrajordon Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i just got mine today(: my goal is to lose ten pounds! i wish you the best.
    how do you like your bodymediaso far? which one do you have?
  • dj7879
    dj7879 Posts: 22
    Options
    I just got one two weeks ago and I think its the best thing I could have ever bought for my weight lost journey. My weight loss had stalled bad and i realized why once I got my Body Media Fit. I was burning a lot more calories than I had thought, so I was pretty much in starvation mode. The day I got it I started eating the right amount of calories and my weight loss immediately started going back down. Works great with MFP too. Great tools for weight loss.
  • DentalEJ
    DentalEJ Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks :) same to you. I got the BodyMedia Fit from Costco. I like it so far because it seems to be accurate. It recorded my exercise and sleep time well. Hopefully it will help me to be aware and lose the extra weight. Some reviewers recommend using myfitnesspal+bodymedia. I think is a good combination. A heart rate monitor will be great.
  • DentalEJ
    Options
    Wow, interesting. Keep it up and keep us posted.
  • sierrajordon
    sierrajordon Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i have the same one! i paired myfitness pal with it and it works great!
  • dj7879
    dj7879 Posts: 22
    Options
    Do you have the core or the link?
  • DentalEJ
    Options
    How do you do that?
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the mail. It should be here next week.

I'm curious to find out how close my estimated tdee is to my actual tdee. I'm also really looking forward to the sleep monitoring function.
  • Krinaia22
    Options
    I just got mine on Friday and I'm LOVING it. I like that it gives me a more accurate look at how I'm doing. :) and I like beating my personal bests, so it helps me push myself.
  • Krinaia22
    Options
    Eileen, you can pair your bodymedia account with MFP without too much hassle. Log into activity manager, go into the apps section, select MFP, and it will import your calories and nutrition from MFP (although it doesn't import the exact food list).
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have one but I quite using it...didn't like having it on my arm and having to explain to everyone I met what it was and why I was wearing it. Plus it made my arm ache.
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have it and I love it. I love the ease of it and the fit coach helps me a lot. I really like how it adjust my exercise calories if mfp estimates it too low. One of the best things that I have ever done for myself was invest in this product.
  • jendarlin
    jendarlin Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have one. Unfortunately I don't think it's accurate for ME. I did not lose any weight following 250 up to 600 calorie deficit based on the TDEE it gave, over several months time. Some people find it very accurate, hope that's the case for you!
  • maybemarina
    maybemarina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started using the BodyMedia Fit LINK armband 10 days ago, and so far I lost the 2 pounds in a week while following the calorie intake and exercise recommendations. I am hoping to connect with others who are using it, so please add me :)
  • DentalEJ
    Options
    Eileen, you can pair your bodymedia account with MFP without too much hassle. Log into activity manager, go into the apps section, select MFP, and it will import your calories and nutrition from MFP (although it doesn't import the exact food list).

Thanks! :) I did that and think is easier to log the goods on MFP. The calories burned during exercise also transfer right away to MFP and that is great. Do you also use a heart rate monitor?
  • DentalEJ
    Options
    I have one but I quite using it...didn't like having it on my arm and having to explain to everyone I met what it was and why I was wearing it. Plus it made my arm ache.

Sorry to hear that. Nobody seemed to notice mine and it does feel very comfortable. However it is a bit bulky and it has given me little pimples/rash on my arm. I clean it with alcohol.
  • Bigbluefrog
    Bigbluefrog Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Body media Fit, is that the name of it? Where can I get one? I usually struggle calculating my activity.this sounds like something I could benefit from.

Do you think Walmart or Target carry it? What did you pay for it?
  • DentalEJ
    Options
    Body media Fit, is that the name of it? Where can I get one? I usually struggle calculating my activity.this sounds like something I could benefit from.

Do you think Walmart or Target carry it? What did you pay for it?

I got mine at Costco because they had a special. The membership of one year is included ;)

http://t.costco.com/BodyMedia-FIT™-LINK-Armband.product.11680103.html?catalogId=10701&keyword=Bodymedia&langId=-1&storeId=10301
  • dogetta
    dogetta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Got mine and its charging. linked mine with mfp and facebook Trying to link to smartphone I am worried because it gave me a much higher calorie intake than mfp but i am ready to do it!! :ohwell:
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Mine should be delivered tomorrow. I am so so so excited!