Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Has anyone done the Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar regimen? I was wondering if anyone had any results to share, either negative or positive.

Replies

• Junkyard22
    Options
    If you can get past the taste, it is very helpful with stopping sickness and removing yeast from the body. I take like 1-2 tbsp a day and i don't get sick.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It's great ingredient in crock pot pulled pork
  • 1twinmom
    1twinmom Posts: 3
    Options
    It is good for a lot of things. It boost the metabolism. You have to dilute it though because it is very strong. You have to brush your teeth right after using it because it is hard on the teeth enamel. If you are taking diuretics you can't do both because it is a natural diuretics. However it is a great fat burner.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Sorry, it is neither a fat burner nor a metabolism booster.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I had some. It was lovely on my salads.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    Vinegar is great for digestion, but toooooooo much of it can be bad.
  • krayzieroach
    Options
    i take a sip of ACV before every meal, you'll get used to the taste
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I've used it in a home remedy to remove cat pee from carpet.

But I agree with Taso about pulled pork. Yummy!
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of this but it looks like there is some science behind it.

https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bbb/73/8/73_90231/_article

It's a slight effect. Probably on the order of drinking green tea or adding chile flakes to your food. It may aid your weight loss but I wouldn't rely on it or anything.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I like to add a bit to chilis, soups, and stews. Crock pot pulled pork sounds great, too! :drinker:
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i love it and use it in soups (after taking soup off the heat) and i find it has become an excellent, tasty, replacement for salt for me in many soups.

Drinking it straight, or with water, as some advocate, made me nauseous .. yuck! I was rather disappointed actually to discover that, as i do love it's flavour in foods.
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I bought it to use as a supplement because I read it was good for the gut. I couldn't get past the taste of it by itself. I use it to make my homemade vinegarette, though, and it's lovely. I just use the very simple French method: some olive oil, some vinegar, a plop of dijon, et voila. You can add a bit of honey if that's too sour for you.
  • ADStanfield25
    ADStanfield25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ACV did nothing for me with regard to weight loss, but it did stabilize my blood pressure and keep it around 116/70, when it was originally 166/121 (with medication, no less). While natural cures may not work for fat loss, they can still do other helpful things in the body.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I've used it in a home remedy to remove cat pee from carpet.

But I agree with Taso about pulled pork. Yummy!

This.

It also makes a nice streak free shine for windows.
  • Moses49
    Moses49 Posts: 3
    Options
    Use it everyday in the morning. I call it my old man's tonic. 2 tablespoons in 8oz of ice water, supposed to kick start your metabolism in the morning, I also take diuretics in my BP meds and I've had no Ill effects. It's definitely an acquired taste, take a very small sip to start with, because it literally takes my breath away while holding my nose. LOL Not really You get used to it.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    my husband swears by it ~ drinks it every day. Me, personally, can't stand the taste of it straight. I have to dilute it, usually in my morning tea. :drinker:
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My naturopath recommended it to help aid digestion......funnily enough I had less acid reflux when I was taking it than now (haven't done it for a while because I've been slack).
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1785201/

It (vinegar, not necessarily Apple Cider Vinegar) has significant antiglycemic properties, at least. Most other claims are not well proven.
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1785201/

It (vinegar, not necessarily Apple Cider Vinegar) has significant antiglycemic properties, at least. Most other claims are not well proven.

The above study actually seems like a really good overview of studies done on the effects of vinegar. The part that caught my eye was under the Blood Glucose section:

"Vinegar ingestion, as compared with placebo, reduced the 60-minute glucose response to the test meal (−54%, P < .05) and weakly affected later energy consumption (−200 kilocalories, P = .111). Regression analyses indicated that 60-minute glucose responses to test meals explained 11% to 16% of the variance in later energy consumption (P < .05).[50] Thus, vinegar may affect satiety by reducing the meal-time glycemic load. Of 20 studies published between 1977 and 1999, 16 demonstrated that low-glycemic index foods promoted postmeal satiety and/or reduced subsequent hunger.[59]"

Participants given vinegar ate 200 fewer calories for the rest of the day compared with participants that had the placebo. 200 calories a day is a lot over time!
  • jontay81
    jontay81 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's great ingredient in crock pot pulled pork

I came here to post this exactly. Having pulled pork for breakfast and love the apple cider vinegar. 30 mins prep time and I can eat on this all week.