Are you 5'4"? What's your ultimate goal weight?

Options
I've been "losing weight" for a little over a year now and I keep making small goals... Every time I meet a goal I make a new one. My current goal is 119 pounds and this morning I was at 120.2. I'm realizing that it won't be long and I'll need to be maintaining. It's been such a slow process that I hadn't really thought about it! Before I had children I weighed 115 pounds but had no muscle, now I have quite a bit of muscle so I'm not sure I'll make it to 115.

I thought I would be happy with 119 and maybe I will, who knows these days. I'm wondering, how low is too low? I can tell you now that I do not want to be "skinny". I don't think skinny looks good and it's not healthy. I want muscle and strength. There's this photo going around on Facebook that says "Skinny is not sexy, healthy is" and I think that's very true! I'm wondering, what are other women my size looking towards as an ultimate goal weight?

Replies

• rfuchs
    rfuchs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think I would love 125. I am 37 with 4 young kids so I want to be realistic. Having said that, I am sitting at 135 right now and think 125 is totally reasonable. I do also worry that I will get there and think maybe just a few more pounds but I hope not.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I started at 325. My goal weight is 210. Once I reach that, if I'm not happy, it'll be 190. After that, if I'm not happy... the reasoning for my unhappiness isn't my weight. It's just that I'm not happy. Good luck to you.
  • karliwelhoelter
    karliwelhoelter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 21 and in college, no kids, and being fit and healthy is hard! But I'm making it a personal goal to meet and surpass my summer weight, which was 118.5, but nothing below 113. I have a small frame, so I don't think this is going to be unhealthy and if I realize along the way that I would look bad, I'll be fine with 115!
  • cutienova
    cutienova Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I personally am not 5'4" but at that height your ideal weight range would be 108-132. You are right though skinny is not sexy, healthy is. Muscle is going to weigh more than fat, so you may look 10x better at 132 with muscle than you would at 115 with no muscle. Not to mention it is important to maintain muscle in your younger years so that when you do get older it will help combat aging problems.
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There's this photo going around on Facebook that says "Skinny is not sexy, healthy is" and I think that's very true! I'm wondering, what are other women my size looking towards as an ultimate goal weight?

Why the skinny-bashing? Health comes in varying sizes. Some people can be healthy AND thin, it's just body type.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3...my ultimate gw is 125....for me, lower isn't a great look
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking anywhere between 125 and 135. I'm 5'4" as well and a few years ago (b4 I stopped being healthy) those were the numbers I fluctuated between. I was very happy with my body then.
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and am aiming for a gw of 145. I thought I was fat in high school at that weight 23 years ago lol. Once I make it there I will decide what my true goal weight should be.
  • hrhodes8137
    Options
    There's this photo going around on Facebook that says "Skinny is not sexy, healthy is" and I think that's very true! I'm wondering, what are other women my size looking towards as an ultimate goal weight?

Why the skinny-bashing? Health comes in varying sizes. Some people can be healthy AND thin, it's just body type.

I'm sorry if I gave off the impression of "skinny bashing", but in my opinion being skin and bones is not healthy. If you're 5'4" and weigh 95 pounds, you are NOT healthy. It is unhealthy to be over weight and it's unhealthy to be under weight.
  • BrittneyT2
    BrittneyT2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 33yrs old. I weigh 112, and I'd say my goal weight is 110, but if I'm able to put on some muscle I'd be ok weighing more. I think 108 is the lowest healthy weight for our height. Obviously we vary in our skeletal builds so that's why there is a range. I have a very small frame and at my heaviest weighed 140 and looked horrible, but I know others who look great at 135. I'm down to a weight now that I feel comfortable with. My main focus now is on toning and strengthening. I just got to this point and am unsure what to do for calories. I'm going to stick to 1500-1550 M-R and then ease up within reason F-S while still eating healthg foods for the most part.
  • hrhodes8137
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses! It's so great get get some varying opinions, I know that we all are different and everyone carries weight in different places. I carry all of my weight around my middle so even though I feel healthy, I still have belly fat even now. I'm just going to take it day by day and I'll see how I feel at 119. Who knows, maybe that's my magic number! :wink:
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty solid so I'm aiming for 145, but we'll see how I feel when I get there. I'm a lot stronger and more compact than I was the last time I was there, so I think I will look and feel pretty great around 135-145. Realistically, I anticipate at least another year of recomp post weight loss to achieve a look and feel I'm happy with. :)
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options
    I have a medium frame and pretty wide shoulders and hips (ugh), so I'm shooting for 125. Right now I am at 160, down from 177 since January 14th.