I binged today! Grrr! :0((((

Options
Ok, so my first week here was amazing. I was home a lot and wasn't around a lot of temptation. I lost 5.5 pounds. ( I know that won't happen a lot, but a first week victory.)

Sooo... since then I've been eating crappy. I'm frustrated. Today I binged. I ate about 1,000 calories OVER!! I'm so upset. It makes me sick with myself when I think about it!

Replies

• tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    Keep your head up! It's going to happen from time to time. I over did it last Sunday at breakfast and was so miserable the rest of the day, but it helped me remember why I am changing my lifestyle. Jump back on the wagon tomorrow! There is always another day!
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day.
    I got off track with my eating over the weekend as Saturday was my birthday and Sunday was Father's Day.
    Vow to get back on track tomorrow....maybe force yourself to eat 3 fruits and 3 veggies tomorrow and drink all of your water. Thursday add something else back in.
    Don't be too tough on yourself! it happens to the best of us!!!
  • MissIrvine84
    Options
    Don't sweat it, just get back on the wagon! I got a lot of bad news yesterday and I thought I was doing good with my weight loss (I cheated and weighed myself mid-week and had lost 4 pounds...I checked again the nextday and still lost 4 pounds) then all of the sudden I jump on the scale yesterday, a full week later and i've only lost 1.4 pounds. I was depressed so I ate everything in sight including chips, candy, regular soda etc etc and only somehow managed to only go about 400 calories over my goal. I was upset yesterday and told everybody I was quitting.

Then I woke up today, ate good all day (without really thinking about it), went to the gym with my boyfriend after work and decided that I'm not quitting even though I ate everything in sight yesterday. Even with those mistakes, all is not lost! Don't give up! Hopefully the same thing happens to you!
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I binged as well. Pretty dumb considering I was 250.6 lbs this morning and could have possible broken into the 240's finally. Oh well, life goes on I suppose.
  • mamitc01
    mamitc01 Posts: 43
    Options
    The way I see it, we NEED to shock our systems now and again. I've been in an obnoxious plateau for a long time now, but oddly enough, I see changes when I've upped my calories on some days. It wakes your metabolism up and then you surprise it again by eating your allotted calories the next few days. That's what makes sense to me, anyway. I just wish MFP allowed us to document the additional allowance for some days because I still feel bad going "over" even though I'm intending to vary my calories throughout the week.
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I went over about 1000 calories last Sat. and then the next day, I was like forget it! This is too hard. But, my hubby wouldn't let me. And, I am glad he didn't! So, I won't let you-tee hee!! Just start over tom! I found that if I log in the day before what I plan on eating the next day, I usually don't go over. I check to see what I am supposed to eat for breakfast and eat only that. Sometimes I tweak it a bit or add a bit, but it usually isn't a huge difference. You can do this!!!
  • annak4
    annak4 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm there with you girl! I didn't go over on calories, but I'm thinking eating only puffy cheetos for lunch wasn't the best choice. Oh well. Water under the bridge.

Just remember-

"Tomorrow is another day."
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I also ate some bad things on sunday night, but I got right back on the wagon and I have been making the rest of the week a good week. I know it is easy to get discouraged sometimes but just keep at it and you will be okay!
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I did that on Sunday, it was about 1200 over though...and I only have 1200 calories a day (exercise depending, lol) ... Don't be too hard on yourself, just push yourself more the rest of the week.

This has happened to me on several weeks and as long as you push yourself and work hard the other days you will be fine! I usually have ONE really bad cheat day a week because I am a weak person and love Mexican! lol

I hope this helps, good luck to you!
  • jennfinn
    jennfinn Posts: 2
    Options
    When I feel like I want to binge I do one of three things:
    1. I allow myself to eat whatever I want for the day and then go run at the gym for half hour, walk home from work and do not allow myself to snack at night. I fuffilled mt cravings, but I make up for it.
    2. I find something healthy to binge on, like fruit with light caramel sauce, reduced fat Oreos, frozen yogurt, fat free hotgogs, fat free fudge pops-the possibilities are endless.
    3. I eat nothing all day(except coffee) The go to a restuarant and order whatever I want.
    i find that as long as I stay within my calories I'm ok. Lost 35 pounds and still going.
    Hope it helps!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    I just want to thank ALL of YOU!! I knew this morning I would wake up to a ton of support and positivity!! I really need to hear from people who are trying to do the same thing as me! Thanks can't describe how much support I have felt since joining here!

Ok...sooo..this morning I feel like CRAP! hahaha.... My hands are all swollen feeling from the sodium and lack of water from yesterday, but GUESS WHAT>>>???

I'm gonna get rid of that feeling today by upping my water to 14 glasses!! I'm determined. Also, I realized I probably over-ate yesterday because I didn't drink my water. Sheesh...

Ok... today new day. Thanks again. I love you all even though I don't know you.