I don't see a difference...

Options
...and quite frankly, it is putting me in a pretty down mood. According to measurements, I have lost anywhere from 1/2 - 1" from a few places, but to me, I look even fatter and I am starting to doubt my original measurements. I have had 0 lbs lost since February 22, 2013, when I began this.

I have been doing 30 DS everyday since March 11th...so I had expected to see something by now. (Skipped one day about a week ago.)

Don't tell me you see a difference to make me feel better either. I just want the god honest truth...is there one at all?

e7xl4g.jpg

Replies

• MissRae123
    MissRae123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference in your back and above your belly button esp from the side. Are you eating enough calories?
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I do see some difference. Look at the arm pit area and the side (idk what to call it, roll just sounds bad). I've been on Insanity/running for a month and the scale hasn't really changed. My pants are fitting better....finally. Just hang in there and don't give up!!!

( i love the profile pic btw, i'm a wow player too!)
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    According to my TDEE following the IPOARM, I should be eating around 2046 calories. I don't eat all of it though. I usually average between 1750-1900 if that.
  • Netteyc
    Netteyc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference, especially in your lower stomach from the side view and under your arms. As for you not losing anything, you are obviously toning up, you are doing well even if you can't see it yourself x
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Remember rule 1 of dieting. More calories out than in
    Rule 2 of dieting. The scale is a lying jerkwad

Assuming you goal is fat loss not weight loss, just limit the amount of influence the scale has to at most a weekly basis.

Also remember when you are losing fat your skin takes a little time to adapt, so it is going to be more saggy(like a deflated balloon)
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    Rule 2 of dieting. The scale is a lying jerkwad
    Ain't that the truth. -_-
    Assuming you goal is fat loss not weight loss, just limit the amount of influence the scale has to at most a weekly basis.

Also remember when you are losing fat your skin takes a little time to adapt, so it is going to be more saggy(like a deflated balloon)

That is what I am trying to keep telling myself, that I am doing this to lose fat and be in shape. I guess that because *I* don't see a difference body wise myself, it is really just bumming me out. I figure the scale could take a while to start moving, but meh, I guess we are our own worse critic and I am so bad about beating myself up. :/
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Ok, don't take this the wrong way, but your "pooch" is hanging lower. I have the same problem, and I thought I was getting fatter too. Then I realized it is hanging lower because it's deflating (aka, getting smaller). Kind of sucks, but it does get better. Since you are working out, your muscles are probably sore, and when your muscles recover, you retain water. Which means that is masking you progress on the scale.

Don't get discouraged; you're doing great!
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    Ok, don't take this the wrong way, but your "pooch" is hanging lower. I have the same problem, and I thought I was getting fatter too. Then I realized it is hanging lower because it's deflating (aka, getting smaller). Kind of sucks, but it does get better. Since you are working out, your muscles are probably sore, and when your muscles recover, you retain water. Which means that is masking you progress on the scale.

Don't get discouraged; you're doing great!

I did notice it was hanging a bit lower. I figure that is going to be a hard one to get rid of since I had my son (Jan 2012) and had a c-section to boot. I never really thought about it deflating which is why it is hanging lower.

That may be another reason I just feel so 'blah' the past 2 days. I just don't want to do anything but lump in the bedroom, which is what I am doing. Giving the husband and son time to play since he works all the time. (Gives me a break too.)

Thank you.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Don't be so down on yourself, I can definitely see a difference. Bear in mind though, that your photos are only 2 weeks apart, which is hardly any time at all! I completed 30DS a while ago and didn't see any difference at all in weight or inches until level 3. It just takes your body a little while to react to a change in lifestyle.

Stick with it, try not to get discouraged, this is a marathon not a spint :)
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference in your lower stomach. Good job! Try not to get discouraged by the scale. Those numbers will move, but pay more attention to how you move...how your clothes feel....how you can do a little more in your workout each time. Challenge yourself, not the scale and keep pushing play!!
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    In the first set, I see a huge difference in that fold on your side. I also see a difference in your posture which is throwing me off.

The second set, the after picture looks bigger. Then I noticed that the flowers on the wallpaper look bigger, too. The after shot is more magnified than the before shot.

Those shots have a lot going on that could easily throw you off of seeing the sort of changes that would come with losing 1inch. But that fold on your side is clearly not as deep. That jumps out at me.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Don't be so down! Keep working out. Make sure you are eating enough and watch your macros. It will take time but I promise you the hard work will pay off.
  • greyoutside
    Options
    I know how you feel! I think that sometimes losing inches in places that don't get measured, or losing inches in one place but not in another, can make your body look *fatter* even though you're actually losing fat. It all evens out eventually :)
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i see what everyone else sees also with the underarm area and your "pooch" and i have one also :)...ive got 2 kids! i have also noticed when i lose weight my baby pooch seems to hangout more also! please dont get dicouraged, even if your not losing, your still doing your body good :)
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Remember that this is just two weeks. It's going to take a while for you to start seeing the more drastic changes you are expecting. Keep up the good work and don't give up.
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I see a difference in your side and by your arm. You are doing great. Kudos to you for making it so far through 30DS. I have tried it several times and only made it to day 3. Keep up all your awesome work.
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess I just need to try to be a bit more patient with everything. (Which is not a strong point of mine, haha.)

I tried to take a picture today like the one from the 9th and get it as close as possible, but it isn't easy. D:
  • araes2102
    araes2102 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25 lbs, not sure about inches because I only take those monthly, but at last check it was only a few inches total... and I work out on average 60 mins every day, combination strength and cardio. Anyway, my point is I don't see a difference for myself either. But I just started feeling a difference, I mean literally... I can feel my bicep. I think (and I don't have basis other than my own limited experience) when you have a lot of extra fatty tissue hanging around (and I certainly do) it takes a while for some of the fat to diappear and start revealing the muscles that are hiding underneath... and that takes time... For the people who are already smaller when they started, it is easier to see the results. That's why I would like to do 30DS but will wait until I weigh less :) Keep it up, you are really doing wonders for your body!
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I think you and I might share a body. Shapes are the same :P I can see the loss. But I feel your pain. not seeing the scale move is demoralising. Hugs. So add me if you like. A problem shared is a problem halved and all that. And my body does the same thing to me on a regular basis. hugs. You are doing great.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It has been 2 weeks. You have to be more patient than this.