Getting Ripped (at Home)

Options
Hello! I tend to travel a lot but I am currently at home for some months and I wanted to know if there were any good at home programs for getting that 6-pack (I had it in high school but since it has been replaced by a larger gut haha). I have heard good things about P90X from friends and co-workers. Any done it and would you recommend it. Is there also another program that worked as well for you? Just trying to get the abs back buried under all the fat!

Replies

• rippednewme6
    Options
    Bump
  • rippednewme6
    Options
    Double bump
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but maybe you could check out some of jillian michaels videos?
  • Delolajo2
    Delolajo2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have just finished the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred and I am really please with the results. I am 1 week into Ripped in 30 which is also by Jillian Micheals. I think her DVD's are very good and easy to follow with great results.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I have just finished the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred and I am really please with the results. I am 1 week into Ripped in 30 which is also by Jillian Micheals. I think her DVD's are very good and easy to follow with great results.

I second this! I'm getting great results with ripped in 30 and I've done a few of her other dvds. Insanity is really good too!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Insanity is way to much cardio...P90X is great - just starting with the last four weeks, and it works!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome!!!
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Check out a book called You Are Your Own Gym, I think it's called. I've heard it's helpful. ;)
    Otherwise - you do know abs are made in the kitchen, right?
  • rippednewme6
    Options
    Check out a book called You Are Your Own Gym, I think it's called. I've heard it's helpful. ;)
    Otherwise - you do know abs are made in the kitchen, right?

I do know that diet is also crucial to the 6-pack but I also wanna have a solid fitness plan and from what I've seen in this thread right now: P90X, 30 Day Shred, and Insanity seem like options people like.

As for eating, I was thinking a Ratio of 45/30/25 (C/P/F). I know I won't be perfect but I will try to cut out a lot of the fattening foods (though I know every so often I can enjoy them or balance a day that I had a fattening meal with a healthier one, moderation).
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Depends on your fitness level, how much time you have and what your goals are ..

.I started with 30D sherd when I was 50lbs heavier and seriously unfit, and it kicked my but and gave nice results....It is short and sweet and you can go a ways with it...If I do it now, I do all three levels and with heavy weights (10/15lbs) in order to get "something" out of it....

Insanity is pure cardio - I did a few workouts and hated it - I would much rather go for a run than spend so much time on an indoor cardio only program...

P90X requires a certain level of fitness, and ever after completing Chalene Xtreme and running 30km a week, it kicked my butt - and still do, because you keep improving.... It's a nice combo of cardio and strengh, and doing a lot of b a lot!ody weight stuff like push-ups and pull ups definitely improved my strength and fitness. P90x requires lots of time - 6 days a week and between 60 and 90 minutes....
    Hope this helps!
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have used p90X in the past and am now back on the program.. I can adapt it for disability ( bad knees to name one) and because you can use bands instead of weights, I take it with me when I travel. It is a good solid program that mixes up strength and cardio to keep it interesting.
  • katarinavt
    Options
    get on Amazon videos and you can rent or buy any of the stregth or workout videos!
  • n8thh
    n8thh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    a great home program for abs for me is standing in the kitchen preparing X5 small tuperware dinner boxes for the following day, listening to a bit of Old skool
  • rippednewme6
    Options
    a great home program for abs for me is standing in the kitchen preparing X5 small tuperware dinner boxes for the following day, listening to a bit of Old skool

Excuse me?
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has a great collection of toning/resistance, body weight driven and dumbell routines meant to be done at home.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i did p90x and LOVED it! however, you might want to try body beast (what i'm doing now) -- it's just as awesome but the workouts are shorter and a bit more intense (which is why the workouts are a bit shorter)
  • dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did P90X last year and had great results. It is expensive but for me it was worth the price to have a well designed program. I plan on doing it again this summer.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Have you looked up TRX training? I do it at Crossfit and am thinking about getting one for home.

http://www.trxtraining.com
  • rippednewme6
    Options
    I see a lot of options here, thanks everyone!
  • n8thh
    n8thh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    To SEE your Abs, start with the diet, the rest will fall into place over time, you can look up some good TABATA routines on Youtube, first week or so will be hard, start with longer rest periods and over time taper down. Good Luck