Oi fellow MFPs! :)

Options
The name's Ecca & I'm pretty excited about losing weight. I've just recently joined the site.. probably a couple weeks ago, however I didn't start getting into it until just recently that I decided I needed to change my life style.

Lately I've been stressed to the point I cry while laughing. Strange.. I KNOW! I've also have bouts of depression. What do I mean by that? Well, it's a high & low emotional period I go through. It's not ALWAYS or so close together that I need to go to a doctor. But from time to time, I'll be happy for a good 6 months then suddenly become emotionally low for about 3-5 months. It's weird.

Anyhow, I've decided that maybe if I exercise more, I'll become more energetic & stay positive, even in a stressful or sad situation in my life. I've been exercising since two weeks ago & I'm noticing that I'm not so sad anymore. I'm content, more energetic. The past two work days have been awesome! :D

Today, 6/22/10, I worked out for a total of 109mins. (1hr & 45min!) I took a few breaks, making sure to drink plenty of water. Now. I worked out for an hour before work, which was in the afternoon. After work I did the 45 minutes.

I feel AWESOME!

Now, what I'm doing for exercise is.. DANCING! Yup. It's been proven that dancing can actually work out most of your body & I've proved it to be true because, after dancing for just 15 minutes when I first started, I already felt my arms, sides & legs burning! It was an epic sensation. I'm following a couple of YouTube videos that encourage you to follow along with them & they take you step by step. Not only do you get to lose weight but you have fun doing so!

I can't exactly go for a run or a walk in my neighborhood.. plus I have to be home when I can because my mother & grandmother are ill. So, dancing my butt off has really been the best decision. What's my motivation? Well, like I said. Being more energetic & content. Not only that but, at the end of July I have a planned trip to Orlando, FLORIDA! :D I want to look good in a bathing suit! =o

My weight!? Well, I don't have a weigh thing-ma-bob.. but last time I checked.. which was.. a month ago, I was 165 & I know I've stayed at that weight. But now that I've been exercising, I can really say that I'm losing weight. Slowly but surely. Especially SLOWLY because I want to be able to keep the extra weight OFF.

Anyways. That's my story. I don't really have a certain amount of lbs I want to lose.. why? Well, I want to focus more on just wanting to be more energetic & happy. If I think about numbers (be it the weight scale or measurements of my neck, waist & hips), I feel I won't keep up with my new life-style because I'm so wrapped up in losing a specific amount. As long as I'm healthy & I get some weight off.. I'll be happy! Not to say it's BAD to think about the numbers, it is necessary & I'll make sure to check in, two weeks from now, my new measurements but, I just don't want to think about it. I'm just plain weird and can't focus on it. I tried to once.. didn't work out because there was no other motivation for losing weight. :( Maybe.. now that I have more of a reason for losing weight.. it'll work. I guess it won't hurt to try again & set a specific amount of lbs to lose =]

Any suggestions?

Ps. I type too much o.o;;

~Hope you all have an amazing week!

Replies