What to do with almost black bananas?

Options
I don't want to just throw them away, but I'm not sure what to do with them. There is a big bunch on them so I don't want to make like a triple batch of banana bread but I'm lost on what other recipes I could use.

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I just eat them. But I have low standards.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Freeze them and use them for shakes later. That's how I use them up.
  • makememeagain
    Options
    Freeze them, then once they're frozen, peel and slice and put into a smoothie....I literally just got done doing this! :)
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I don't care for my bananas too ripe & I don't dare make banana bread ( I'll eat it all!) so I slice them & freeze in a plastic bag for my protein shakes. I put about 7-8 slices (1/2 banana) in with my almond milk & protein powder. My fridge I
    Only makes ice cubes instead of crushed so by using frozen fruit I get that smoothly texture.
  • rfuchs
    rfuchs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Make whole wheat banana muffins.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    I mush one up and mix with two eggs and some egg white, some shredded coconut and make pancakes. Top them with warm berries and chopped pecans. Yum.
  • kelp99
    kelp99 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You could make one batch of banana bread now, then divide up the rest to freeze and use to make more bread later on.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I made my frozen black bananas into a banana cake the other day. Then I took it along to my walking group and we all had a slice.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Banana bread or smoothies.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    banana nut bread
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    2 bananas
    1 cup oatmeal

Put the bananas in food processor and beat them to banana goo. Stir in oats. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins. You could add cinnamon and nuts. I've added vegan chocolate chips. Very tasty and quick IMO! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    like others have said...makes great banana bread and I just threw some into some waffle batter yesterday. tasted wonderful!!
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81
    Options
    Pancakes!
  • xGegex
    xGegex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Freeze them, then put in a blender with a little skim milk, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Makes a great smoothie, or if u make it thick enough it makes great Ice cream :) and Healthy too!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Banana "ice cream." Simply peel the bananas and cut them into slices. Place in a ziplock bag in the freezer. Once they're frozen, take them out and place in a food processor with desired flavorings (for example: vanilla, mint extract and chocolate chips, protein powder, or chocolate syrup).
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You know what they say about black bananas? :wink:
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Banana nut bread or slice and freeze, then blend with protein powder for "ice cream".
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Use them for flapjacks or for protein shakes.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Freeze them, then once they're frozen, peel and slice and put into a smoothie....I literally just got done doing this! :)

This. I say peel them first, but that's just me.
  • Kgodon
    Kgodon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Freeze them, once frozen add to food processor or blender and blend until you reach icecream consistency!! No added milks, sugars...just the banana!!