Halfway there: 33 lbs in two and a half months

Options
I’m posting my picture for the first time today because I am officially halfway to my ultimate goal weight! Losing pretty evenly all over has meant not seeing a radical change in the mirror, but I’m down 2-3 sizes and 15 kilograms (33 pounds)!

I am 178 centimeters tall, which - depending on the online converter I use - puts me somewhere around 5’9”, and I currently weigh 85 kilograms (187 lbs). Mid January I weighed in at 100 kilograms (220 lbs). In the before picture below I probably wasn’t even that heavy yet.

halfwaypoint.jpg

What started off my weight loss was an involuntary detox off of sugar at the beginning of the year, when the flu wiped out half of my co-workers, most of my clients and all of my appetite. I couldn’t taste anything for at least three weeks and figured you know, why not eat healthy stuff if I can’t enjoy food anyway? By the time my tastes and my appetite returned I had already lost five kilograms (11 lbs), and eating clean had become a habit that I saw no reason to break. I love the foods I eat, I haven’t had to give up my love of cooking, or any of the foods I love because I haven’t had a single sugar craving. That has made all the difference to me; I can’t even remember a time in my life when I was able to turn down the temptation of something sweet.

I’m working out as well – carefully, unfortunately, because a sports injury is part of the reason I got to my highest weight ever in the first place. My fiancée and I (I still get a kick out of calling her that, even though we’ve know each other for nine years) go to the gym 3-4 times a week, and I try to outrun zombies on the treadmill for about thirty minutes every Saturday. As soon as we start feeling a little stronger, we’re planning on starting The New Rules of Weightlifting for Women.

MFP has been a great help to me in the past couple of months. I’ve never tracked my calories before – I had gotten it in my head somehow that counting calories was a sign of disordered eating. But I can never resist a little healthy competition with myself, and that’s kind of what keeping a food journal feels like. I’m getting a clearer picture of what I am capable of, and how I got here, and what needs to be done to keep going on this path.

I owe big thanks to all of my MFPeeps; champions all, kind and strong and very, very capable. Your support means more than you know!

Replies

• ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    wow!! great job!! congratulations sounds like your on the road to victory :)
  • EasterKingston
    EasterKingston Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I certainly hope so! :)
  • alausch
    alausch Posts: 6
    Options
    Amazing progress in a little over two months. You look great!!:drinker:
  • Kateweighs138
    Options
    You look fantastic- how inspiriing!
  • EasterKingston
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouragement, you're very kind! I see so many inspiring stories on these forums, it's nice to be able to add one of my own :)
  • payupalice
    payupalice Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I also like that you're wearing practically the same outfit, with the same pose in both photos. It makes the changes a lot clearer.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Incredible progress in a short time! Congrats! Sure it makes it so much easier doing it with your fiance! How lovely! Congrats on getting past your injury and not letting it beat you! X
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    That is a great weight loss in such a short time! Well done you x
  • LynGrahamKemp
    LynGrahamKemp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nice work, you look AMAZING!!!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Big difference!! Well done.
  • EasterKingston
    Options
    I also like that you're wearing practically the same outfit, with the same pose in both photos. It makes the changes a lot clearer.

Hahaha, I'm glad messing around with poses and camera angles was worth it ;) Thank you all for your words, they're very encouraging!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!