30 day shred jillain michaels just starting lets help

Options
Hi all i am just starting out done 2 days of this with today as my rest day anyone else just started it or done it already and seen god results ?

Replies

• marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've done it a few times over the last year. Everytime, I do lose a few lbs and I definitely shrink and lose inches and am so much stronger. And it's great if you're doing other cardio activities. For ex, I run too and I went from averaging 9:30 minute miles to 8:15 minute miles because 30DS really seemed to increase my endurance and stamina. You might search the Message Boards for 30 Day Shred. There are several groups of people who are doing the video and have groups for support, etc. Good luck!!!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have done 30DS twice.. once in Sept 2012 when I was just starting all this.
    Here's what I LOST in that first 30 days...
    12.2 lbs = 2.3 % BMI
    waist: 1.75 in
    hips: 3.25 in
    chest: 2 in
    bust: 1 in
    thigh: 0.25 in
    dropped 2 jeans sizes

What did I gain? The confidence to go on and do something new. More workouts, more activity, and I felt a lot better about myself.

In Jan 2013 I did it again. I lost only 4 lbs this time, but..
    waist: 2 in
    hips: 1.75 in
    chest: 2.25 in
    bust: 1.5 in
    thigh: 1 in
    went down another jeans size

What did I gain this time? The actual interest in more activity, if you can believe it. I am walking my first 5K in 2 weeks thanks to my Jillian DVDs.. and I even entered for a 10K later this summer.
  • Casilibre
    Casilibre Posts: 21
    Options
    I just started 30 DS two days ago, today will be my 3rd day! My calves are super sore, I don't remember jumping jacks being so hard! I guess the last time I'd done one though was when I was a child! The only other exercise I do is cardio, walking for about 60 - 70 minutes every day at 3.5 mph, I am also eating well. Will keep posted my results.
  • maddykins70
    maddykins70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    my calves arnt sore but my front thigh muscles are and my arm muscles , i am used to doing home dvd's as well so i cant understand why i am aching so. I used 2kg weights too and usually use 3kg . thought i would start lower and work my way up though. physically couldnt do the dvd today muscles needed the rest
  • Dianalouiselane
    Dianalouiselane Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started awhile ago and then didn't keep with it because I wasn't at home often!
    I am going to start it again tomorrow! Anyone want to work through it together and support each other?
    I did the first 8 days! It is a tough go, but feels FANTASTIC!! :)

Let me know if you want to (either responding here or adding me as a MFP friend).

All the best to you!
  • wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request! My quads were KILLING me the first few days- I just finished day 5 and while they're still sore, I can stand up/sit down without being in pain, now. I've tried stuff like Power 90 before, too, so I thought it'd be more of the same, but I can say that 30DS is just unbelievably hard, compared to those!
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 5 level 2. Level 1 was getting a bit too easy so I just moved along to level 2. I use 5 lb. weights. I'm in no way ready for level 3 yet though. I have lost 2 inches from my stomach so far.
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 today. The tops of my thighs STILL hurt when I do it. I have to modify some of the jumping things due to bad knees. And although I do the first set of pushups on the floor, the second set of reps is always up against the wall for me.

Still, I'm loving it and I'm glad I'm doing it. I start level 2 on Thursday and am alternately nervous and excited.

I will say that the whole thing goes by so FAST now. Andalso, I learned how to turn off Jillian's voice and that has made it a much more pleasant work out for me.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I think there are a few groups that have peeps working on this if you want to check them out :)
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 2 now.

This is before/after level 1. I haven't weighed, and the tape measure is telling me no change, but I think there is.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114211253381200445032/posts/XZHmdBsi9HT
  • Ambrelle
    Ambrelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Today was my day 2 of level 1. Last night I felt like jelly. I was so tired! Tonight it went much better! I was worried that meant I wasn't doing it right but my husband was doing it with me and said my form is correct and it should get easier. My thighs and calves burn though, especially on stairs!! Anyone that wants support please add me. We can do it!
  • judylduval
    judylduval Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Judy I live in Brisbane Australia I am a new user but have just purchased a Jillian DVD as part of my exercise, wish me luck:happy:
  • singingdoc16
    Options
    ive done it before. but am planning to restart tomorrow. =) good luck
  • shortstuff17
    shortstuff17 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    does anyone know how many calories this burns?