1400 calories over my budget!? What do I do?

Options
13»

Replies

• pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I remember that time back in 1993... I was obese and accidently went 1400 calories under my budget . I woke up the next day skinny. It's amazing how you can change everything with 1 day of eating off plan.

Ha! Awesome response!!! :bigsmile:
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Be absolutely proud of yourself right now. you're being honest with us, with yourself. I can and have gone weeks, months, years of being in denial of the reality of how much I'm eating and how much I've gained. You have not done this. You logged those calories, you're being accountable, and honest with what is really happening. Really. Be proud. It's not the extra calories of 1 meal or 1 day or even 1 week that completely throw us off. It's the downward spiral and not giving a flying #$%$ how much sugar/fat/calories x food has. You have just avoided the car crash and gone over a speed bump.

Pick yourself up. dust your shoulders off, and go workout!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_-VaTHpc8
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You'll live.
    I went 7400 calories over my 3000 calorie budget on Friday and didn't gain a single pound from it.
  • laura_anne_h
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. We always run into cheat days but its best to accept it, and start fresh tomorrow. <3
  • pepgab
    pepgab Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and start over the next day.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well you arn't really are you. I'm guessing you've got your intake set to "want to lose 2lbs a week" or 1.5lbs etc.
    This pretty much means MFP has taken 1000 calories from your "Maintainance" level of eating. This means that you actually only overate by 400, which for one day, isn't going to make much difference at all. Just don't do it tomorrow and the next day and the next day.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Do sixty minutes of high impact cardio and turn 1400 to 700 over and keep it moving.:flowerforyou:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Do nothing but get back on track, and don't guilt yourself. It's one day.
  • curlyloca
    curlyloca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    We've all been there. Start fresh tomorrow :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Stop eating.

Reevaluate your goals and methods.
  • tscott1964
    Options
    Breathe! Relax! It takes 3500 extra calories to make a pound. Start over tomorrow and love yourself! Don't beat yourself up. Life happens.
  • Tuckergirlnow
    Options
    You do what we all do take a breath and say oh **** it.
    Go to bed and start over tomorrow. You learn from what happen.
    You make sure it is not the start of a new pattern.
    Bottom line you learn and go on.
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    Thanks everybody, I see a more logical side to this, ha ha :)
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    One day makes no difference. It's what you do habitually over a long period of time that really matters. Stay consistent. Stay focused. Keep pursuing your goal of weighing less and living healthier and you will get there.
  • __Karl__
    __Karl__ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Get some sleep. It ain't that serious!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Relax.. it takes 3500 cals to put on a lb. Sleep, try to do better tomorrow, move on
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Never ever dwell on a trip up.....don't beat yourself up, don't over think it ...........just move on from it!! Done, over no need to keep revisiting the day......................move along, move along............:-)