Day Three of Sobriety

Fab140
Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
:flowerforyou: Happy Wednesday, y'all!

Last night was a tough one for both my hubby and I. He had a crappy day at work and I was feeling a bit crabby from "withdrawls".

This is how the day went:
My big brother (a medically discharged Marine and two years sober superhero) was in town and I FINALLY got a chance to see him. We went to one of my fav resturants where I ate a bit too much, but o well! I didn't have that glass of wine I wanted to order. :smile: Next I showed him around my apartment and basically introduced him to my life (he was a heavy alcoholic and we just never could speak to one another. This is the first time he was able to walk around in my shoes.) Once we got back to my work, where I unfortunetly needed to be, he told me how proud of me he is. :love: :happy: That's the best feeling!!

After work, though I was hot and starting to get kinda crabby, I threw in Jillian Micheals Cardio Kick Boxing and went to town! When the hubby got home, I made dinner and we chatted and lost ourselves in our usual screens (he on the comp and me to the TV). That's when the cravings hit. I started to get restless....walked around the apartment, played with the cat.....Finally my terrific husband suggested a walk. We took a long walk and talked about how we're both working on our demons and I told him about a book that was suggested to me on here. :happy: And how supportive he and you guys have been with everything:happy:

After hanging out at the pool, we went back up to the apartment. He made his One drink for the night, I made my Crystal Light Rasberry Iced Tea, and we relaxed until bed time.

That walk and being able to get away from the temptation was a huge step. This morning I felt a lot better (even though the cat was trying to kill a moth through the bathroom door.....arrrgh....hehe). My skin doesn't feel so dry and tight and it's nice to wake up and be able to remember the night before.

Go team Me! hehehe.....

Replies

• Fab140
    :flowerforyou: Happy Wednesday, y'all!

Last night was a tough one for both my hubby and I. He had a crappy day at work and I was feeling a bit crabby from "withdrawls".

This is how the day went:
    My big brother (a medically discharged Marine and two years sober superhero) was in town and I FINALLY got a chance to see him. We went to one of my fav resturants where I ate a bit too much, but o well! I didn't have that glass of wine I wanted to order. :smile: Next I showed him around my apartment and basically introduced him to my life (he was a heavy alcoholic and we just never could speak to one another. This is the first time he was able to walk around in my shoes.) Once we got back to my work, where I unfortunetly needed to be, he told me how proud of me he is. :love: :happy: That's the best feeling!!

After work, though I was hot and starting to get kinda crabby, I threw in Jillian Micheals Cardio Kick Boxing and went to town! When the hubby got home, I made dinner and we chatted and lost ourselves in our usual screens (he on the comp and me to the TV). That's when the cravings hit. I started to get restless....walked around the apartment, played with the cat.....Finally my terrific husband suggested a walk. We took a long walk and talked about how we're both working on our demons and I told him about a book that was suggested to me on here. :happy: And how supportive he and you guys have been with everything:happy:

After hanging out at the pool, we went back up to the apartment. He made his One drink for the night, I made my Crystal Light Rasberry Iced Tea, and we relaxed until bed time.

That walk and being able to get away from the temptation was a huge step. This morning I felt a lot better (even though the cat was trying to kill a moth through the bathroom door.....arrrgh....hehe). My skin doesn't feel so dry and tight and it's nice to wake up and be able to remember the night before.

Go team Me! hehehe.....
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Good job! Congrats to you!! Keep up the excellent work!!

You in in my prayers for continued success on your journey towards a better YOU!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

-Tami
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Good for you!!! Keep up the wonderful work! Each day you will feel so much better!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    I am so happy for you, Megan! It's just a matter of breaking your routine, huh? In a few weeks, your total outlook on life will begin to change and I can't wait to see that happen for you. You go girl!:bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Good job! Congrats to you!! Keep up the excellent work!!

You in in my prayers for continued success on your journey towards a better YOU!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

-Tami

:love: :flowerforyou: :happy:
    *tear* You're awesome and thank you.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Congrats! That is awesome! I know you can do it! :happy:

GB!!
  • I am so very proud of you:flowerforyou: I will be praying for you and your family as you walk each day to a new you. Keep up the good work.:happy:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Sounds like you are doing great, and excellent job on the team work!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Each day has it's challenges and rewards and you are doing great at facing each day with renewed energy and the determination to make this day a great one!

You are doing wonderful, just remember what each new morning feels like and how that is better than before and you will keep yourself motivated and strong!

so proud of you :flowerforyou: :love:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    That is awesome!! Good job lady! :flowerforyou:
  • cindyfaye
    cindyfaye Posts: 72
    YOU'RE DOING IT!!!!!! SOMETIMES it's one day at a time. . .other times it's one hour, one minute or one second.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Megan...Megan....Megan....

YOU are magnificent!! :wink:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

:happy:

No words for the swell of love I have for you guys!
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member
    Megan,

You should be proud of yourself! I don't even know you and i'm proud of you. Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Everyone on here inspires me some how, some way today it is you. What you are doing is amazing and I feel overjoyed for you that you are fighting for your life back. Keep pushing, addiction will push back but you are stronger and ask for help when you need it.

Excellent. :flowerforyou:
  • Good for you!!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Keep hanging in there! Find a new hobby (like exercise!) to fall back on when urges hit. About the time I quit drinking, I bought my first computer and taught myself basic web design. Since, that has been my fall-back tool--to play with my 'puter.

You can do this! We're so proud of you!

ringelrein.gif
  • KatFriday
    KatFriday Posts: 2
    you are an inspiration. I too would like to not have the added calories of drinking. keep up the good work and keep us posted!