Which Heart Rate Monitor is the most accurate for calories?

Options
I do a lot of workout DVDs and strength training, and I am starting to get really sick of guessing how many calories I've burned. For those of you that have experience with heart rate monitors, which one has been most effective/accurate for you?

Replies

• DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Bump. I've been wondering the same thing. Anyone?
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    How should anyone know which one is more accurate than others unless they bought them all and did testing?

Go with one of the good brands and you should not be able to go wrong.

I go with Polar..
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I went for the Polar FT40 because it is able to take my own personal resting and max heart rates, but if I ate back all my exercise calories I would put on weight.

I came to the conclusion that, even if a HRM has resting and max HRs it still may not give accurate readings as it cannot know what your metabolic rate is at any time; only an average.

I'm fast giving up on HRMs.
  • Malvarez2013
    Malvarez2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How should anyone know which one is more accurate than others unless they bought them all and did testing?

Go with one of the good brands and you should not be able to go wrong.

I go with Polar..

Well, not all of them...just if someone's tried two or three different brands and found one to be more accurate or reliable than the other...but thanks..
  • jimian60
    jimian60 Posts: 21
    Options
    Polar seems to be the industry standard.. I have a FT7 but i also use a simple strapless Sportline 915. I'd say for what you want it for, get a polar Ft4 or Ft7. You'll never work out without it once you try it.