Wanting to start 30 day challenge - 14,000 steps a day.

Options
I like to do this for the month of April, anyone care to join me?

Replies

• cfbjj1124
    cfbjj1124 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am in! Starting April 1? Are you counting this as what about 6.5 miles? I work better with miles rather than steps. I never find pedometers to be super accurate! :happy:
  • Mayanbound
    Options
    we could do miles as well! I just install the runtastic app on my phone, check it out at google play. Its free or you can by the upgrade. This app tracks both miles and steps plus calories burned. I purchased the upgrade for $4.99 because it has GPS and can track the hills I'm walking. It suppose to link to MFP but I haven't figure that part out yet. We could even start this week and try to get more people to join us by April 1st... what do you think?
  • cfbjj1124
    Options
    For me, I will go with miles vs steps! :smile: I just started the squat challenge today, so I will start this one on Apr 1! I might start working on building up to the 6 miles this week! My goal will be 6 miles per day. That will be HUGE for me! lol
  • Mayanbound
    Options
    GREAT and miles works for me! 6 a day - right? we can walk all at once or six 1 mile walks, right? I like to keep my metabolism guessing and mix it up. Wish I could do squats, knees not so much.

If you have a i-phone or gallaxy type phone check the apps page here. Look for runtastic, its free but I downloaded the $4.99 runtastic pro version. This tracks walking and it tracks your miles, calories burned time etc. Best part is it auto loads your workout to MFP! It also talks to you while you walk, LMAO - it'll say walked 1 miles calories burned 125. I also think you can set it to improve your time and get faster and faster for each timed mile.

Should I repost the subject as 30 day challenge 6 miles a day and see if we get more to join?
  • cfbjj1124
    Options
    Sure repost! : ) I will probably split mine up. Maybe a morning 3 miles and an evening 3 miles. This should be interesting! :happy: I'm ready though!