Need encouragement and MFP friends :)

Options
Hey! I've been on MFP now for 25 days and haven't lost a single lb. I'm starting to think that I'm doing something wrong, or I'm not doing enough. My calorie goal is 1200 per day and I've only gone over twice. I work out 6 days a week, doing 30 min of elliptical training and a 20 minute Core Pilates video.

I haven't had any problems eating because I love clean foods and cutting down the portions have not been a problem either...

Advise needed!

Replies

• ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It seems as if you are not eating enough. Feel free to add me if you would like
  • SusanMPreston43
    SusanMPreston43 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not sure the issue....but we can try to help. I'll send you a request right away.
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I wish I had some. I've been doing MFP for just over 3 weeks and I'm in the same boat as you. Haven't lost a pound and am working my butt off. I'm not really surprised though as I have no metabolism what-so-ever. The last time I did this it took me 8 months to lose 10lbs. Stay with it and keep moving forward one step at a time. Good luck!
  • a_lonewolf
    Options
    Keep at it. Perhaps change up your workout routines so that your body doesn't get used to doing the same thing all the time. Instead of the elliptical, try jogging or doing the stairmaster. I would also suggest starting a strength-training routine because building muscle actually helps you burn calories even when you're not working out.

What are your stats? How much are you trying to lose? Perhaps your body is at the right size already and you just need to maintain and focus on getting physically stronger.

At any rate, welcome to MFP!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • preppr4life
    Options
    I would love some advice also.
  • Chula1962
    Chula1962 Posts: 30
    Options
    I would love to help ! Kinda in the same boat !!! Add me if you like !
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Feel free to add me; I am on here every day. I started in October , have lost 22 lbs but have 30 more to lose.

I started with the 1200 calories daily goal but wasn't losing so I read a post on here and changed my daily intake and started losing. I have it listed below, so read it and try it for 2 weeks ; if it works then go with it - if it doesn't go back to what you were doing :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912914-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 25 days on MFP. Cardio is great, though you may want to mix in a little strength training. Strength training really work on burning the calories and it continues after the workout. I'm not an expert, but you can always tweak your calorie goal. Feel free to add me as a MFP buddy for some support and motivation. We can help each other on this journey. Take a look at this link, I hope it will be useful.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/919346-still-think-your-1200-or-less-diet-is-a-good-idea
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I can't see your food diary, which could offer some clues. Feel free to add me or if you make your diary public I'd be glad to take a look.
  • MReckward
    Options
    Do you use a heart rate monitor? I think that is a great tool to get you in a target range to make sure you are working out hard enough.......and I can personally say - waiting to see results of all the hardwork and effort you are doing sucks.......and takes a while and that can be very discouraging...but if you stick with it - it should make a difference!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    add me for encouragement
  • la_patisserie
    la_patisserie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're having a tough time! I find that I stall sometimes when I go under too much so I try to vary my days a lot but so that they round off to 1200. Are you eating foods that are high in sodium? They tend to retain water and that might be something your body is holding on to
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. I havent weighed in yet. I just joined last Tuesday :)
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    FR sent hun.
  • tweetyjf
    tweetyjf Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hi, feel free to add me.
    I started at 1200 kcal to because 1000 kcal wasnt enough.

but i have to wait and see

good luck!!! and keep moving....