My NSV Today

Last night I got bad news that a friend that lived with us on and off last year lost his battle to cancer. Unfortunately we'd lost touch (his choice not ours) and just found out about a month ago that he had terminal stage 4 stomach cancer. This was someone that was close to us and our children while he was in our lives.

Anyhow today was at tough day, I started crying at the mall and had to leave. I came home and instead of the old habits of turning to food I went for a 5km run. It felt great, it cleared my head and cheered me up somewhat.

I am happy I decided to take this journey, change my bad habits and know that my family will not be sitting here wishing I'd changed as we now are for our friend.

Hug those that are important to you everyone!!!

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Great NSV. Sorry about your friend though.
  • Ladybugabo
    Ladybugabo Posts: 6 Member
    So sorry to read about your loss. Your NSV is a testiment to how much you have changed...congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!