Zumba VS. Turbo Jam

Options
dakotababy
dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
I have had some great success doing Leslie Sansone's walking dvds. I really enjoy doing the at home DVD's for many reasons. I am really wanting to switch up my workout, and add something new but still simple enough to do in a smaller space.

I have tried Zumba...i did not love it. I am wondering more about Turbo Jam...how does it compare to Zumba? Is it dancing or "boxing"? On a fitness level...on a scale from 1-10...i would say I am about a 4-5. Would Turbo Jam fit this or no?

Any other info would be great - Especially any links to online turbo jam examples (all the ones i have tried to find, tend to just be the infomercial for it)

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Any one? Zumba? Turbo Jam?
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Turbo jam !
  • srsavaria
    srsavaria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam will be a better workout than Zumba. Zumba is a lot of fun though!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Well, I love Zumba and can burn 600 calories/hr on a good workout, at least 450 on a "bad" day. But I really enjoy Zumba and haven't tried Turbo Jam.

The better exercise will be the one you can really get into, try your best at, and keep doing.

For me that's Zumba :smile: - do whatever you love!!
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    Turbo Jam feels more martial artsy with a touch of dance for flair. I burn about 200 to 300 calories for a 30 to 40 minute Turbo Jam. If I do Zumba High Intensity for about an hour, I can do 450 to 500 cals. Depends what you like for a workout. Zumba is more dance than Turbo Jam.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I do Turbo Kick and Zumba.. (and step aerobics and tae-bo LOL)

I sweat my butt off at both, but I do high intensity and when the teacher gives breaks, I do jumping jacks or just jump or something..

I alternate between which is my favorite.. I think it depends on the routine the instructor has for us.. sometimes they are hard to follow and it's not as much fun. but those time.. i just make stuff up. lol