Nothing Works!

Options
I have been going at this for 2 weeks now, severely sticking to the rules and I am generally a fairly healthy person, and far more healthier than my closest friends. HOWEVER, they are all tiny compared to me, they eat so much and don't do exercise at all whereas I'm the opposite. Since starting myfitnesspal I have actually gained half a stone and I can't work out why but it's pretty upsetting. Can anyone give me tips or think about why this might be happening?

Replies

• mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    If you make your food diary public, it might offer some clues to what's going on. I'd be happy to take a look.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    open up your diary so we can have a peek please. edited for grammar
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is not enough time to see drastic change. Slow and steady wins the race. You are losing the weight for you, not because it's a competition between you and your friends. You can do this.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Nothing but empathy here. I started out being pretty strict (with a few slip-ups) and have done nothing but gain and lose the same 4 pounds since I started MFP. Prior to MFP, I simply stopped eating between meals and lost 8 pounds in the first 6 weeks or so. I have no idea how many calories I was consuming, and I was exercising irregularly (like now). Since Sept 1, 2012, I've lost 12 pounds total (on my lowest weight days). Pretty pathetic. For awhile, I was exercising every single day, but I haven't exercised at all in the past 2 weeks other than household and yard chores. I've lost a lot of motivation. I still care and I'm still trying, but I'm discouraged more often than not.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you increased/started exercising, your body could be holding onto water (needed for muscle repair). Give it some more time.
  • merritt2013r
    Options
    I think you may be worrying too much about it. You know stress is a huge factor when you're trying to lose weight. Just take it week by week. I'm new to this whole sharing and talking about eating right and exercising. You sound like you're on the right track. Just give it some ime to get in a rythym. It will happen for you.Don't worry about your friends being smaller than you and eating different. Good luck!:smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Water retention is a likely culprit if the exercise is new.

Eat the calories MFP gives you. Log accurately. Weigh/measure food, enter your own recipes, use the database entries with asterisks. Be patient.

Resist the urge to compare yourself to your friends. You never see the whole story when you watch other people. Just do you.
  • caseyhubenthal
    Options
    Maybe you are gaining muscle, getting more toned and not losing "lbs" because of this? I would think that in 2 weeks it wouldn't be very noticeable yet. Regardless, you are doing something great for your health - keep at it - it will pay off!