Overweight Anonymous

Options
Starting an Overweight Anonymous Club....Just for giggles, support, and motivation.

Hi, my name is Meredith and I am overweight. I knew I needed a change when a 5 year old asked me why my belly was so big. Did I have a baby in there? Did I drink to much water? DId I just eat to much food? While I resisted to kick this child (I would never kick one of my students), I realized, Mer, it is time to make a change, before you become an embarassment. Had lapband 5 years ago, that *kitten* sucks. I had weight loss surgery and failed, I am a loser! (I don't really think I am a loser, btw) I am fat, I am determined to change, I will work hard for a better me.

You know its bad when you teenager comes home because someone told a "Your momma" joke and she got offended. I don't care if you can see george washington's face thru my pants because they are to tight. Or that my beeper goes off when I am backing up. Or that when I jumped in the pool all the water fell out. LMAO....But it hurts her feelings so I cannot be reason for her to be made fun of.

So if you wanna just wanna introduce yourself and be a group of people making a bit of fun at the really hard journey we are all going thru please join in. I seem to have a way of looking at life as if its one big comedy, we only get one go at this. Or at least that's where I am at, and if we do get reincarnated I sure as hell hope I don't come back as the fat caterpillar from bugs life.

I blog about daily events feel free to read if you need a laugh. Add me if you need anything.

Replies

• PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Great post!

My name is Paige, I am fat and more overweight than I should be. I started this at 283 pounds the day after my beautiful daughter, Journey was born. I am now down to 234 and not happy still. I feel fat in EVERYTHING and I hate the person that I see in the mirror. Yes, I suffer from some bull**** mental illnesses that make daily life.. a daily hell hole.
    I actually really like that fat caterpillar so, I may just reincarnate you for that! ;) I would LOVE to come back as him... cutie pie.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nika, and I gained 70lb during my very difficult and traumatic pregnancy that only one of my identical twins survived. I was on bed rest and not moving. We never even knew if the surviving baby will be OK or if he would be permanently disabled. Not being able to do anything else, I stress ate.

I lost about 40lb breastfeeding, but than it stalled and the weight never moved down. Than it started inching up again and I ignored it for 2 more years. I just bought bigger closing.

Last straw was when I came back from vacation and stepped on a scale. That 5lb gain put me at a weight I was when I was 7 months pregnant. That was a wake-up call.

I dropped 15lb in 2 months and run 5 times a week. at 149, I am still the heaviest one of all my friends and most co-workers. I still have about 20lb to loose to get to a mid-range of normal weight for me (when I was younger, I was a stable 130, so I know my body will not let me go lower than that. And I would be satisfied with that.
  • mbrummer
    mbrummer Posts: 24
    Options
    Just went thru miscarriage in November. I'm sorry. I can only imgaine having one but not the other. I'm left with nothing. But thoughts of what life would have been like and where I would be right now with the pregnancy coming to an end, and finally getting my beautiful baby. I'm here if you need support.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Brandy and I am overweight (then thinner), then overweight again. I have a very addictive personality so I start on my weightloss journey all in.. then get tired of it... so I stop and get fat again.

I decided (the most recent time) to lose weight because I see how much my parents (who are both very overweight) struggle with everything (just walking). I have lots of knee problems... that magically disappear after I lose the weight... so i'd be nice to get rid of them again.

I feel like my relationship with my husband is suffering because I hate myself (and my body).

Oh yeah, and my husband and I have been wanting (not really trying, but not trying not to) to start a family.. for about 5 years. I am TERRIBLY afraid that If I don't lose this weight now and I get pregnant... I am going to 1) never be able to lose it after the baby 2) end up over 200lbs while pregnant and have that cause all kinds of complications with the pregnancy or cause me to lose it altogether.
  • debege
    debege Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am Diane, and I love food. I am a social eater. I get together with friends to eat. We have potlucks at work for every little occasion. I eat what my kids have left over. I tell my mother that she should never have made me clean my plate ;)

I like to be active but don't exercise a lot. I hate to run, but it's not that big of a problem because I can't do it for more than about 3 minutes at a time.

I just don't think I am meant to be heavy. I don't think that food should equal happiness in my life. I want to be able to keep up with my kids, or dance, or shop in any store because I am not shopping for XL clothes, ect. I have twin nieces who look a lot like me. I feel sad for them when people tell them that because I hope they won't end up overweight like me. I am trying to gently encourage better eating for them, but I need to be a better example.
  • mbrummer
    Options
    Always to be a better example. I had a salad tonight and my daught had a grilled chicken sandwich with waffle fries from Chick-fila-a. She said I made her feel horrible because she was putting that crap in her body when I was eating healthy. I told her baby steps, baby steps.
  • tresschanda
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Talitha.

I'm chronically ill, which makes exercise almost impossible for me. I spend a lot of time too sick to get out of bed and because I'm always in pain and stressed, I comfort eat. As a result, I am pretty overweight and very unhappy with my life in general.

I'd love to meet someone and have kids, but it seems impossible. I can only go out about once a month and I rarely get to meet new people. Plus, running around after kids would be tricky with me.

Now my doctor has said my liver is failing and the only way to stop it is to lose weight. I'm 5.5 and 80kgs, which is 176lbs.

so I'm hoping to lose weight, not die and find a boyfriend. I've always been an overachiever!
  • Iamworthinvestingin
    Iamworthinvestingin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My name is Nancy, and I have been like a yo-yo dieter all of my life - because I always put myself last, and my heart wasn't really into stopping eating foods I really liked. I kept telling myself this will be the year - and then something else would happen. Now I have diabetes, and I have learned why I was having such a hard time to lose weight in the first place - it has taken me sometime to finally make myself a priority in my own life - that is why my name appears, I am worth investing in -

Thanks for the topic- I hate to admit to myself that I have become obese and I have the power to do something about it-
  • tiff_pike
    Options
    Hi =] My name is Tiffany and I am 235lbs. This is the heaviest I have EVER been in my life and I don't like what I see in the mirror!!!! I really want to make a change and my motivation is that i am getting married in August this year and damn'it I want to look good!!! This is going to be hard because frankly I LOVE food and I tend to eat when I am sad or upset...or just plain bored!!! I think this is awesome that we can go to this message board and share tips and stories with people that know exactly what we are going through!! I look forward to getting to know everyone and to get on the road to a better, healthier and happier me =]
  • JustRenea
    JustRenea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello ...My names is Renea (actually its my middle name but i think its adorable) and I am 274.5 pounds at the moment. I have been overweight (who am i kidding...obese) for most of my short life (I'm 19) ..basically since i was about 10. I've been in weight loss programs since i was 10. I just like food a little too much and my self control sucks v.v I would love to be at a healthy weight...the lowest i ever got was 218 pounds...it was an amazing feeling..but then i started college and just ugh v.v I'm working on getting back down again...this time i would like to get under 200 and stay there!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Always to be a better example. I had a salad tonight and my daught had a grilled chicken sandwich with waffle fries from Chick-fila-a. She said I made her feel horrible because she was putting that crap in her body when I was eating healthy. I told her baby steps, baby steps.

It is great that your daughter knows the difference between good food and junk food, but please watch her so that she doesn't develop disordered eating. Speaking from personal experience, even something small like cutting out a food group or feeling guilty for eating waffle fries can lead to some big issue later on. Instead, talk to her about being active and eating food that makes you feel good as opposed to not eating fat foods. Make sure she knows what she eats does not define her.
  • LauraJean813
    Options
    Thanks for all the honesty here. :) I too have over 100 pounds to go, and it does seem daunting. But after being this overweight for several years, I am ready to evolve. There are so many inspirational people out there willing to share their stories. I love Andie on the Can You Stay For Dinner blog. I love Dr. Anderson, who wrote the book The Anderson Method. They are real people who have lost 100+ pounds, done the mental and emotional work to really overcome their negative reliance on food, and they have kept their weight off. If they can do it, why can't we? So grateful for the simplicity of calorie-counting. No more diets, just learning a healthy relationship with food and my body. One thing that helps me is to say, "I am thin," because on the inside, that is my truth. That's who I really am, that's what I was made to be, that is what God created me to be. Never give up on yourselves. You deserve happiness and you can have it. It is within reach, and you don't have to do it alone. Peace!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    At my biggest, i couldn't find 44 inch waist pants, with a short enough leg to fit me. As of today, I fit size 34 pants very comfortably, and i can find the length I need on the shelf. I'm 5' 11". I feel weird buying such small pants...I was used to buying big baggy pants to hide my big *kitten*...
  • Iamworthinvestingin
    Iamworthinvestingin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    talitha
    most people are unaware of how hard it is to have chronic illness- One of my dau has 3 auto immune diseases, and I see she gets very angry at times and does things that hurt her- Your post touched my heart- I want to give you encouragement not to give up because life is worth living- and you are worth that investment- When you start to eat the foods that make you feel good - if your diet allows fruits and vegetables- I know ffrom my own experience, eating the right diet made me over come gestational diabetes - and it made me feel a world of difference- don't give up - you have a future -
    Hi everyone, I'm Talitha.

I'm chronically ill, which makes exercise almost impossible for me. I spend a lot of time too sick to get out of bed and because I'm always in pain and stressed, I comfort eat. As a result, I am pretty overweight and very unhappy with my life in general.

I'd love to meet someone and have kids, but it seems impossible. I can only go out about once a month and I rarely get to meet new people. Plus, running around after kids would be tricky with me.

Now my doctor has said my liver is failing and the only way to stop it is to lose weight. I'm 5.5 and 80kgs, which is 176lbs.

so I'm hoping to lose weight, not die and find a boyfriend. I've always been an overachiever!
  • peppytwist
    peppytwist Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Dawn and I am overweight. I have been overweight the entire 30 years of my life. My mom says I was even a fat baby. Like most overweight people I have tried many diets over the years and have always given up once the scale stopped moving down. This time I am trying not to think about this as a diet. I am changing my lifestyle, breaking bad habits and forming better ones. I want to not only lose the weight but learn how to maintain a healthy weight once I achieve it. I have no desire to be thin, I just want to no longer be obese. I want to be able to run for the fun of it and not feel self conscious when I ride my horses. English riding breeches are not flattering at all! ;) On that note I want to be able to be comfortable wearing something other than jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt. My current goal is to reach 175 pounds (100 more to lose). I would at least like to reach Onederland and stay there.

Talitha's post touched me because I too suffer from chronic health problems that make "real" exercise impossible. I am in daily pain and there are times when I am restricted to my bed/recliner. Eating has always been a comfort for me especially when it is the only thing I am able to enjoy. I don't want to burden or bother other people when I am feeling unwell so I tend to isolate myself. Rather than having to explain my "invisible illnesses" to people (which often sounds like complaining even to me) I try to act like everything is fine. That can be exhausting and it really is easier to just keep my distance. I can be quite the hermit! There is a chance that losing weight will make my health easier to manage. That would be the biggest perk of all! I am sure losing weight will help me feel better to some extent and perhaps allow me to become more confident and social. Of course it would be nice to have someone to share my life with too. :)

I am always looking for more MFP friends to support eachother in our journeys to better health. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • mbrummer
    Options
    Im gonna figure out how to make this a group. I had alot more peeps respond then I could have imagined.You make get a friends request from me i. the next few days so that I can send out.messaging and what not. Im so proud to have so many peeps be ready to support each other.

Just for clarification. My daughter knows we support her. I went thru teenage years hating my body and I def dont want that for her so we are mmking sure her self.esteem stays high and she is chosing positive food. We don't however sugar coat the results of being overweight. He father has several of them already and we are working on it all together. She is not on a diet. I am not on a diet, we are living a healthy lifestyle and improving each day. :)

Alrighty then. OA group members lets stay motivated. Im on here constantly so message if you need anything.
  • mbrummer
    Options
    Started the group its Overeaters United. post please