What do you listen to while working out?

Replies

• Tavysh
    Tavysh Posts: 204 Member
    They tend to play the oldies in my gym when I go early in the morning, so I just roll with it haha.
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Things can only get better - D-REAM, and loads of Jive Bunny mixes
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Far East Movement
    Dada Life
    Swedish House Mafia
    Methods of Mayhem
    Mudvayne
    Skrillex
    Red One
    and some Pitbull

these are the current go to artists for me
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Heart of a Champion by Carman... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2dt8hlyJ2Q
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Led Zeppelin
    Rush
    Boston
    Journey
    AC/DC
    The Killers

Or Pandora's Alternative Endurance Training
  • scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Some sample songs from my workout playlist:
    Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (Kaskade remix); Kriss Kross - Jump; Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam - Let The Beat Hit 'Em; The Chemical Brothers - Block Rockin Beats; Holy Ghost! - Hold On; Ke$ha - Tik Tok; Timo Maas - Shifter; No Doubt - Hella Good; LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out; Gonna Fly Now (Theme from Rocky); Gang Gang Dance - Mindkilla; Lady Gaga - Just Dance; Kelly Clarkson - Walk Away (Chris Cox remix); The Crystal Method - Name of the Game; Groove Armada - I See You, Baby
  • arsimpson1
    arsimpson1 Posts: 59 Member
    Hard Rock Strength Training station on Pandora

Same here. Something about the hard rock makes me push harder in my workouts.
  • jamcakez
    jamcakez Posts: 5
    RuPaul FTW!!! :)
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    I usually listen to Triple J an Aussie radio station that i like (just because it's easy to put the radio on) but my all time favorite song to work out to is Better, stronger, faster by Daft Punk. I also love Macklemore's Thrift shop song.
  • effrontery
    effrontery Posts: 32 Member
    Agreed about the hard rock. AC/DC is great. I also love Rise Against and the Foo Fighters for working out.

Thanks to whoever mentioned that Pandora has a dance cardio station, I didn't realize. Spotify has workout playlists too...

https://www.spotify.com/us/blog/archives/2013/01/30/workout_playlists/

http://open.spotify.com/user/alternapop/playlist/2AOVSToYevFK4T1L8ksQb9
  • JessAilene86
    JessAilene86 Posts: 54 Member
    I usually listen to Triple J an Aussie radio station that i like (just because it's easy to put the radio on) but my all time favorite song to work out to is Better, stronger, faster by Daft Punk. I also love Macklemore's Thrift shop song.

Ah! Daft Punk, why didn't I think of that? I bet they are good to run to.
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Metallica, Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, Avenged Sevenfold. They boost my mood and make me want to push harder
  • ejbraun
    ejbraun Posts: 93 Member
    My Pandora "Zumba Fitness" or "The Used" stations... lol
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Doc kno & Prizm, Mr G Reality, Dice Gamble, Afro Cuban All Stars
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    I listen to a lot of audiobooks during workouts, but I also like workout stations on Pandora and Spotify if I need something different.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Lately its been country Craig Morgan, Chris Young, Jason Aldean, George Straight.

Sometime Christian music, sonic Flood, Toby Mac, Jars of Clay, Third Day.

I like uplifting music when I lift. I feel good all over when I am done working out. I found I don't need the angry music to pump me up anymore.
  • EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Fire Burning- Sean Kingston-

I know its super old and I even forgot about it but they played it in zumba the other day and it made me want to add it to my playlist because I think the beat is so fun!
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Pandora - Hip-hop/pop Power workout station. And on some days, when my buddy insists on it... Metallica Radio
  • EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Also- anything by Lacrae! His lyrics are so amazing and have alot of meaning! If anyone is concerned with "content" of a song, his are safe even though its rap