Losing Inches - Not Weight

Options
I've been alternating between the treadmill and tae bo for the last month. I can certainly tell that I've lost inches, but the scale has not moved all that much. I didn't think to measure myself when I started exercising so I only have last week's measurements to compare when I remeasure tomorrow. The general consensus seems to be that I'm gaining lean muscle. I'm wondering, if this is the case, how long does it normally take it to balance out? In other words, how long before I'll actually see a change with the scale?

Replies

• marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    For me-- when I start a new harder workout, it takes about 3 weeks to see the scale move down. First it usually moves up a bit

Everyone is different. BUt this has been a repeating pattern for me. Up the workout, gain weight-- keep plugging, lose extra after three weeks. Up 1, down 2 kind of thing....
  • kbrhelker23
    Options
    i dont really get it. i have been doing 30 min cardio and 30 min weight training 5-6 days a week . sometimes more than that for cardio a day. it has been a month, and with eating almost completely clean and almost no carbs and i gained 6 pounds .. havent lost a single one which is my goal... i feel like i am more toned but im aggrivated because i am not trying to redistribute my fat.. i want to get rid of it.. :0(
  • MandyMH80
    MandyMH80 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks. I'll keep going as I'm going. I'm not gaining weight, at least not much to worry about. I'm staying with the 211-213 range. Right now I'm stuck at just over 212lb. Argh!