Website for baked chicken breast recipes?

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
We buy the huge Costco bags of skinless / boneless chicken breasts. Even so, I think we have been preparing them in ways that add too many calories. So now I want to start making them in the oven but I still want a ton of awesome, vibrant flavors. And I am looking for a website that has lots of these recipes.

Do you have one to share?

Replies

• jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    We buy the tenderloins at Costco, too. We use Mrs. Dash marinades. Low/No sodium and low/no calories. We will grill them on the gas grill outside. We do a bunch on Sunday and divvy them up into tubbies. Then, each tubby goes with a side.

I know you're looking for a website with recipes. But we just kind of make up our own. Sides include low-cal veggie steamers and brown rice steamers. Sometimes, I just take a couple of bits of chicken and a serving of steamed brown rice and sprinkle on some Mrs Dash, toss, and reheat. That plus a side salad is quick and healthy.

Here's my fav:
    Chicken Teriyaki
    We marinate the chicken in it, then grill and cube. Store in fridge. When it's time to eat, we take a low-cal veggie steamer (no fancy butter sauces) and steam per microwave instructions for about 75% percent of the time. Then, using our veggie grill pan, we toss the veggies, chicken, and 4 pineapple rings (in natural juice, not syrup) back on the grill to get all the flavors melded. Maybe even toss some more Mrs Dash Teriyaki on. While that's finishing on the grill, we steam some brown rice. Serves 2-3. VERY filling. Super low in sodium.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Nice, because I also need to worry about sodium... TY
  • LynNann57
    LynNann57 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We also eat a lot of chicken! I buy chicken breast in bulk too!.
    Try oven roasting it- 400 degrees for 1/2 hour. I lightly brush olive oil on the breasts, then add spices. Our favorites- garlic powder and basil, or garlic powder and minced garlic. We also use Mrs. Dash, as well as McCormick's Grill Mates (Lemon Pepper and Kickin Chicken are great).
    You could also brush with low calorie salad dressing, or honey dijon mustard. Chicken can also be put in foil pouches and cooked in the oven, adding spices, and vegetables if desired(onions, peppers, zuccini- whatever you like).
    We also stir fry- if you have the time to cut up the chicken and some vegetables.. Only use a teaspoon of olive oil. Fresh ginger root(cut up small) and garlic is yummy! Or just add spices(your own combos, or pre made ones).Or just add a can of diced tomatos, and some spices. easy and tasty!
    We have a cajun mix I make, as well as one with brown sugar and cayenne pepper. I like making my own spice mixes, because I control the amount of salt!
    Hope this gives you some ideas! Happy cooking!
  • Auntrere10
    Options
    I use Allrecipes.com for alot of my recipes. You can even list the ingredients you have on hand and it will search for a recipe for you.