lean cuisines

Options
im going to start eating lean cuisines to get my calories under control. what are your favorites?

Replies

• I really like the new FRESH versions (in Canada).. The one with the fewest carbs and highest protein is the garlic chicken, it has potatoes and zucchini in it. Really good :)
  • Aftonyeo
    Aftonyeo Posts: 3
    Options
    My faves are the lasagna and the chicken carbonara! i dislike any of the ones with the rice because i find it quite soggy
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Thats funny, I just told my husband I was going to stop eating them bc of the high calories, that I could eat much more veggie and fruit instead of these whimpy things!
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I could eat them on rare occasions....but the sodium is high. I would limit to a couple a week!
  • col443
    col443 Posts: 17
    Options
    Mac n cheese and the pizza (both traditional and french bread)
  • Shannon_H
    Shannon_H Posts: 35
    Options
    I agree. They usually have a very high sodium count, and most also have a lot of calories for very little food. They aren't worth it to me, especially because the squash tastes like the cucumber, the cucumber tastes like the bell pepper, and the bell pepper doesn't really taste like a bell pepper at all!
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I could eat them on rare occasions....but the sodium is high. I would limit to a couple a week!

^^ I love them, along with smart ones. But, the sodium is high. I used to eat them everyday, but now don't eat them nearly as much and feel more healthy. But a couple a week should be fine :) I have one if I am being lazy or don't have time to make something else!
  • amanduuuh
    amanduuuh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of above- I use when I need to be quick at work or home, they have a lot of sodium and there are only a few that I like. Ranchero braised beef with sweet potatoes, spaghetti with meat sauce (not meatballs- yuck!) Turkey with stuffing and applesauce.
  • Shannon_H
    Shannon_H Posts: 35
    Options
    Although, I am a sucker for the pepperoni pizza! lol
  • tjham1
    tjham1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like all of the brands, Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, Smart Ones, Michelina Light and Lean. But not every day, just a few times a week. And I usually open a can of green beans or quickly cook some spinach or have a salad with it. There are just times when they are exactly what I feel like eating!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I keep a few on hand for times when there are no good choices in the house, or if I need something quick before leaving for the day, or just getting home and don't want to cook type situations. Life a previous poster said, they are processed and high on sodium so def something you want to take in moderation. BUT when I do have them, I like the spaghetti and mushroom, and the sweet and sour chicken. I really love the healthy choice steamers as well.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I remember the pizzas being pretty good. I wouldn't eat them all the time due to the high sodium, but I like to keep them around for a time I need a quick meal
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    my god, i eat either a lean cuisine or weight watchers every dinner since i started a month ago. its the only thing (at this time) i enjoy immensely while still maintaining my calorie goal. sometimes ill add shrimp to add more protein. its easy and theyre quite delicious, but most importantly, i feel satiated that i dont have to binge on mass junk. my sodium levels dont go over 1500ish a day. MFP gives us 2500, so i thought it was OK. plus, i get to eat foods i really like and still lose weight.

favorites:
    any and all pizzas, esp spinach mushroom.
    chicken w lasagna rollatini
    sesame chicken
    mac&cheese
    fettucine alfredo & broccoli.

<33333
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    The Lean Cuisine Butternut Squash Ravioli is terrific and full of veggies.

The "high sodium" thing comes up every single time frozen meals are mentioned, and I cannot figure out why. Most of the ones I get have 400-600 mg, which would fit easily into a 2500 mg daily allowance. I have frozen meals in my freezer that have less sodium than half a cup of cottage cheese, and a lot less than a cup of pasta sauce. But for some reason, those don't get demonized in the same way.
  • kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The Healthy Choice Steamers are my favourites. I haven't had one I didn't like, and they're usually more veggies than pasta. Lower in sodium than most, too.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I prefer Healthy Choice over Lean Cuisine because LC's have such a high sodium content. YUK.
  • Jennid27
    Jennid27 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thai chicken is my new favorite...the peanut and orange chicken are good too...and the margarita pizza. Some are better than others...you'll find your faves soon. I wait for a sale and stock up. I do agree they aren't enough cals for dinner...but if sodium isn't a concern, they are perfect for lunch at work and don't have enough time in the am to pack a lunch.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My favs are deluxe pizza, garlic spring rolls, spinach artichoke dip (I through out the pita and use whole grain pita hips to veggies), and tortilla fish.

They are a nice alternative, but they should be supplemented with additional veggies or protein. Since they are one of,y few sources of sodium, that doesn't bother me, but anyone who is soy sensitive should know that there is some form of soy in most of them.
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like the cheese potatoes with broccoli, Alfredo ( no chicken), chicken Caesar pasta, Mac and cheese, chicken parm. I try to keep mine under 250 calories so those are my staple ones. They are high in sodium but I tend to stay under my sodium normally so my diinner usually balances out the sodium from lunch. I never eat them for dinner but thats because I love to cook 99 percent of the time
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I eat frozen meals every day.....I just don't have the time to make a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner every day....I work full time and run after twin toddlers the rest of the time. So while a lot of people are against them, they are portion controlled, it's healthier than the pizza or fat filled options I used to get every day for lunch.
    With that being said I like the turkey and stuffing and chicken w lasagna rollatini.
    I really like the weight watchers meat lasagna. And Healthy choice has a few really good ones too.