Newbie - and a little history...

day213
day213 Posts: 18 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Just signed up yesterday and feeling very hopeful...what fabulous tools to utilize on this site!

My weight has been fluctuating all of my adult life...and once again, I'm getting things under control. In 2001 I saw a picture of myself in my organization's newsletter and decided I needed a major change. I was well over 200 pounds, although I never had stepped on a scale once I saw the 200 mark. I assume I was about 215. In fairly short order I dropped pound after pound - I was living in a town where I knew few people, worked out, religiously watched what I ate. By sometime in 2003, I weighed 115 pounds. (I'm 5'4). As the story goes, I married and then lost a job, and the weight poured back on after a few short months. At 172 pounds, I became pregnant. My weight went up to 205. A week after my baby was born I was down to 183. And now 9 months later, I am 167.

I am not at all comfortable with the weight I've gained as I vowed I would never be heavy again. I need to take back control so I can teach my daughter how to live healthy with no mention of dieting.

I had to order a dress for a friends wedding and had to order a bigger size BUT if I lose enough weight by mid to the end of July (maybe 10 pounds) I can reorder the dress in a smaller size. Mini-goal 1 is born! By the wedding (and my daughters year birthday) I hope to be 150. We leave for a trip at the end of October and I'm hoping I'm somewhere in the 140's. My ultimate goal is to be 135.

Thanks for listening! Can't wait to read more success stories and do this once and for all!

Replies

• girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    welcome this is a great site good luck!! :)
  • Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Welcome to MFP!!! This site is awesome, lots of good tools, and an amazing community of people who are all here to support one another. It is a good place to be :)

Good luck in your journey
  • mchelle125
    mchelle125 Posts: 10 Member
    Welcome and good luck in your quest. Know that your body can do anything you set your mind to..keep moving, keep sweating and keep positive! :)
  • summersk
    summersk Posts: 59
    Welcome to the site. And thank you for caring enough about the next generation to want to teach your daughter good habits from the start. I love seeing a family walking together or exercising in some way together, to me that say love of child more than anything else. My family walks together almost every night, and I love it. While I'm not the picture of health, I am at least teaching my kids the right way to stay thin and be healthy. Good luck on your journey.:happy:

856238.png
  • Welcome! I just joined yesterday and I feel so much more in control already, even after having flubbed up again last night :angry: . I feel like I can make a mistake and fix it again right away by seeing how many calories my mistake cost me, and either knowing how much more exercise I should do or how many fewer calories I should eat for the rest of the day - definitely not something I was taking into account just 2 days ago!

Good luck - it sounds like you have the will power to lose when you want to so I'm sure a site like this will add fuel to your weight loss rocket :)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Welcome and goodluck on yout journey.......Your goals are realistic, so you arent putting any pressure on yourself, to reach a goal that isnt realistic

You can deffianately do this
  • day213
    day213 Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you all! Now off to log my snack of blueberries...
This discussion has been closed.