Fell off the wagon. I need a kick in the *kitten*!

Options
Been gone for a while now, was doing so well had gone down from 180 to 128 lbs. Then graduated Respiratory Therapy school, got a full time night job, back to school part time during evenings. I fell off the wagon. I am up to 145 lbs. Discouraged. Can't seem to find time or motivation to work out. Tips? Encouragement? I signed up for a 5 Km run in August no idea how to train for that thought it would force me to get back in it. Just feel fatigued all the time and stressed from the work load.

Replies

• sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be friends for mutual support. I'm in somewhat of the same boat. Lost almost all the weight I needed to, then got overwhelmed by work and the scale started climbing. I came here to drop 20 pounds. I find that structure helps me with exercise, so I'm starting Body Revolution tomorrow and I'm going to do written meal plans to ward off rampant snacking. I figure the DVDs are only 30 mins a day, and I'm worth that.

Are you doing anything special for stress management?
  • Evellitha
    Evellitha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Heard of those dvds before! Let me know how that goes, i've done the Insanity 60 day one round last year. Did the dvds on and off to keep me in shape but got bored of them fast and now they're just collecting dust. Need to find that extra fun motivator to make me want to get up and move. Suggestions?
    As for food (my biggest sin) I'm still a live at home young adult, so parents pretty much have control of what comes in the house, they were on board with losing weight last year, making the nutrition side easy to deal with but once they hit their goal its been back to pre-good life style meals.

As for stress management I don't really have any thing to fall back on. As horrible as it sounds I keep it all in and let it eat at me. :(
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    SECRET: if you burn the wagon you cant fall off......stop dieting, make the healthy choice and get going. you can do it.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    me too, i gained about 25lbs back
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!! I have no idea how to motivate myself. Sometime I picture myself as this super in shape, beast of a girl, inspiring awe and fear where ever I go. Then I realize how comfy my bed is and then whoops suddenly its time to go to work.
  • hoffma25
    hoffma25 Posts: 36
    Options
    I know how you feel. I worked nights for a year (overnights) and gained a ton of weight. More than likely it's the night shift along with the added stressors in your life that are making you gain weight. I've been there. Heck, I am there!

Re-evaluate your schedule. It really helps me if I actually pencil in exercise in my planner... That way I know it'll nag at me until I get it done!

As far as the work schedule goes, you could try packing healthful snacks for work. I know it's easier said than done- When I was working overnights, all I ever wanted was junk food!
  • Evellitha
    Evellitha Posts: 62 Member
    Options

As far as the work schedule goes, you could try packing healthful snacks for work. I know it's easier said than done- When I was working overnights, all I ever wanted was junk food!

That's true! Before the night shift i had no trouble with my food intake. I was doing the right choices, never felt hunger. Since im on nights I always crave the midnight chocolate bar, or the cashews to keep me pumping
  • deestew58
    deestew58 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Looks like I,m on the wrong side of the scale
    I just
    Need to find the motivation to workout again
    Dealing with stress and PCOD

It's so hard to lose and keep it off
  • itzmelaura
    itzmelaura Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hate exercising, but found "Hip Hop Abs" and l love it! It gets your heart pumping, there are 6 diff DVD's so you aren't always doing the same thing. It says it is all about ab work, but my legs were sore for a week and well as my chest muscles from the arm movements! Check it out :) Exercise had never been so much fun!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I know how that is (holding in the stress) because I tend to do that, too, if I'm not careful. I think the workouts will help relieve some of it. I'm also a very verbal person and unleash a lot on my poor, long suffering husband, but he's learned to tell when I'm blowing off steam and pretty much ignore it.

I'm going to try to literally schedule in some stress management activities like I'm doing with my exercise. That's going to be tricky, though, because it will force me to also be more structured with my work schedule. That's hard when you're our own boss.