Is white bread ok once and a while?

Options
I'm an bit ocd with my food brands. I always buy particular brands for particular foods and stick with it, even when it comes to bread. It's stupid I know but it is what it is. I always get wholemeal when I can, which is 95% of them time but on the odd time they have run out of wholemeal in my particular brand, I settle for white. Because it tastes better, I see it as a special treat that once and a wwhile but I also feel so guilty and gross for eating WHITE bread!! I have two slices a day (as my sandwich for lunch). Like I said, it's almost always wholemeal so is white bread every now and then okay?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's OK everyday if it fits in your budget. There are no evil foods.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • deedster_a
    deedster_a Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I can't eat whole wheat bread with much fiber because of a digestive condition, so I eat potato bread, Italian bread or other "white" bread all ths time with no problems. I just don't eat much of it.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    It's not poison. It's bread. Just eat the bread.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    We just buy HFCS-free, which most of the time ends up being wheat. But there are some delicious homemade sourdough breads available locally (The Co-op, which is a hippie little grocery store).
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    At the risk of incurring the wrath of some of the zeolots I see on this website, NOTHING once in awhile is totally bad.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Of course it's fine. If you think there's some gaping chasm between wholemeal/multigrain/whatever bread and whitebread, you should reexamine the way you look at food. It's just bread. It is not evil or bad for you unless your entire diet is composed of it.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.

lol not srs
  • Shabadu
    Shabadu Posts: 211
    Options
    in*
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT! You will die if you eat any white bread! NEVER EAT WHITE BREAD!

...I love white bread.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    QtWrgoc.gif
  • maniesduchocolat
    maniesduchocolat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I find multigrain to be more tasteful, but there is not that much of a gap to white bread.
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Totally fine.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Variety is good, we alternate in a haphazard manner.

Potato chips on whole grain just doesn't have the same air of decadance anyway.

Red Rock Deli Chilli chips on the whitest of bread ... Yum.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I don't tell myself no to anything so I think it's fine
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    IIFYM

If you really start to dive into food nutrition at the end of the day.. sorry hippes white bread isn't better or worse than brown if it fits your macros.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    everythings okay occasionally. most things are okay daily, in small portions. It depnds if your goal is healthy eating or healthiER eating. Most people, as long as they reach their preferred weight range, and have a bit of tone, don't really care as much - but there are a very vocal group on here that prefer to have every aspect of health and diet perfect. Neither group is 100% right, and neither is wrong - but what works for you won't work for everyone.

So if you want the bread, work it into your cals and macros and enjoy :)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    White bread is only bad for you if it tastes bad.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    White bread is only bad for you if it tastes bad.

^^ If it's old and a little moldy toasting it makes it taste like new. Um..not that I would know. :glasses: